This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Gas?

This is a story about a SC that my brother had yesterday at Pep Boys.... customer has his car towed to PB because it wont start.. towing bill about $80.... then they put the car on the diagnostic machine ($70) to find out whats wrong with the car..... couldnt figure it out until my brother looked at the gas gauge and it read...

EMPTY!!! ... so my brother put $5 worth of gas in the car and it started right up....he put on the work order..."Tell customer to put gas in the car"

so this SC spent over $150 just to find out he was outta gas...lol

O M G ! ! !

The stupidity of that SC makes my brain cells ache!!!

But hey, at least karma is paying the SC back - a $150 service bill for total idiocy
    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

it's a miracle! sometimes, stupidity does get the right reward!
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

After reading this, I had the urge to

I wonder if the guy will find a way to dispute it, or will he be a good guy and pay?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

I wonder if the guy will find a way to dispute it, or will he be a good guy and pay?
          I'm not even going to guess . . .but I'll wager he'll choose what's behind door #1.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Keep in mind who has the keys until he does pay... and who can refuse service next time (and there WILL be a next time, you can be certain) he comes in.

Comment

Pep Boys can also put a Mechanics Lien on the car as well. However for 150.00 they may not go to the trouble.

Comment

This reminds me of the time shortly after my mom got a new minivan. She was giving me a ride to work, and all of a sudden, the van sputtered to a stop, and my mom was absolutely horrified. She'd literally had the van a week. She had to call a cab to get me to work, and a friend to bring her some gas.

I really need to remember to tease her about that again.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  This reminds me of the time shortly after my mom got a new minivan.<snip>

I really need to remember to tease her about that again.
                  One of my most embarrassing driving stories: In my second car, I ran out of gas not once, not twice, but three times.

That is embarrassing enough. But the kicker is that all three times, it was in the same spot on the same road.
                  Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2006, 02:44 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

And he's allowed to drive?
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Reminds me of a time at McDonald's where the ice machine stopped working overnight so there was no ice the net day. The SM tried everything he could think of. Nothing. So he called out the maintenence company, on a bank holiday, who charge £65 for a callout normally (so I think it was £110 because of the holiday), plus were paid by the hour for a full hour...to switch it on at the wall.
                      They wrote on their report "Called to check u/s ice machine. Switched on ice machine. All working ok." along with a bill for around £200. I took great pleasure in writing a permanent record in the equipment folder for THAT callout!

Comment

Last year, the remote to my gas fireplace stopped working. I could still turn it on and off manually, but I couldn't use the thermostat, as it was part of the remote. I tried replacing the batteries in the remote, but that didn't help. So I called a repair guy.

Turned out the transmitter inside the fireplace also ran on batteries, and those were dead. I could have sworn that it was hooked into the house's wiring. The fireplace itself was -- the fan, starter, etc., so why the hell wasn't the transmitter? The repair guy put in a new set of batteries, and all was well.

So basically, I paid $80-$90 to have 4 AA batteries replaced. I felt like such an idiot.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

The roadside company I work for provides 4 service calls in one membership year. I had this guy call in once for svc on his daughters veh and was shocked to find out that she had no more calls left on her membership and she still had 9 months left on the membership year. He demanded that I checked the service call record because he was sure there was a mistake. He then found out there was no mistake and all four calls were used for fuel delivery. He was furious! WITH HER! I really wanted to be a fly on the wall for that conversation....

"YOU USED 4 CALLS IN 3 MONTHS FOR GAS!!!!!!!!"

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Haha. Once I called a tow truck because my car wouldn't run. He towed it to the garage only to find out that I, too, had forgotten to check to see if I had gas. But the guy driving the truck, who was the owner of the garage, didn't charge me anything, because he said HE should have looked at the gas gauge before he towed me.
                            "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              One of my most embarrassing driving stories: In my second car, I ran out of gas not once, not twice, but three times.

That is embarrassing enough. But the kicker is that all three times, it was in the same spot on the same road.
                              Was it a Cavalier? We've had 4 or 5 over the years and while we think they are good, dependable cars...the gas gauges all seemed a little off. So much so that we learned to use the trip meter instead of the gas gauge.

For the record...I know exactally how far I can go on reserve. That would be from Young's Farm to the base of our driveway

Comment

Working...
                              X