This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moron Day Festivities

And they just keep getting dumber with each moron day.

Had a guy want to buy paint, but does not know what the color is called, he just wants the color he got last time. I keep trying to explain to him that I cannot mix anything without knowing "what" to mix. Finally I get him to go home and get the can of paint.

The "paint he got last time" was about 5 years old!!

Had a guy call because his son had got a chemical on him and wanted to know what to do. The chemical was Paint Thinner. You know the stuff you clean paint off your hands. I had to explain to him to wash it with soap and water for at least 10 minutes.

I had the feeling his kids might need that time to get clean.

But not to be outdone, I had a woman come in with her kid, who had paint all over his arms and legs and wanted to know how to get it off.

It was latex paint, you know water base. Soap and water will clean it off, I know because I am cleaning it off all day long. But to grab your kid and drive to the store just to be told "wash it off!" has to take the moron cake for this Moron Day!!

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
    Had a guy call because his son had got a chemical on him and wanted to know what to do. The chemical was Paint Thinner. You know the stuff you clean paint off your hands. I had to explain to him to wash it with soap and water for at least 10 minutes.

I had the feeling his kids might need that time to get clean.

But not to be outdone, I had a woman come in with her kid, who had paint all over his arms and legs and wanted to know how to get it off.

It was latex paint, you know water base. Soap and water will clean it off, I know because I am cleaning it off all day long. But to grab your kid and drive to the store just to be told "wash it off!" has to take the moron cake for this Moron Day!!
    I'd hate to see what happens to them when they use superglue.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

OK who made Moron Day a Four day holiday?

Had a guy by a quart of exterior paint. An hour later his wife shows up and "There is something wrong with that paint you sold my husband!"

Ok, I go over what he is painting and what is wrong and I say "It sounds like it is repeling the paint like someone put a waterseal on it."

She looks at me funny "Aren't you supposed to seal the wood first?"

Me: "Yes with a Primer coat, that seals it and prepares it for painting. Waterseal is the last thing you do because it seals and activly repels all moisture."

She pulls out her cell phone and mumbles "That idiot."

Unfortunately, the other memorable Moron was a new co-irker. One of the new warehouse guys took off at 6:30 despite that they were not finished puting stuff up and there is rain coming.

So I have to stay and help the one other guy for an hour pushing pallates with the pallate jack while he forklifts them to me.

Me and the warehouse manager are going to have a little chat tomorow

Comment

OK who made Moron Day a Four day holiday?

Had a guy by a quart of exterior paint. An hour later his wife shows up and "There is something wrong with that paint you sold my husband!"

Ok, I go over what he is painting and what is wrong and I say "It sounds like it is repeling the paint like someone put a waterseal on it."

She looks at me funny "Aren't you supposed to seal the wood first?"

Me: "Yes with a Primer coat, that seals it and prepares it for painting. Waterseal is the last thing you do because it seals and activly repels all moisture."

She pulls out her cell phone and mumbles "That idiot."
        Sounds like her hubby probably got when she got home to him.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

every day at work is moron day, due to our wonderous location: ghetto central.

yay.

frappucinos have been out for how long, maybe ten or so years, yet we still get people (not from other countries, mind you, the tourists, etc.) who ask what they are and if they have coffee in them; now if we mention the cream based (no coffee) they STILL ask if that has coffee in it.

um, no, you just asked if we have something that doesn't have coffee, so your kid can have a drink. why would we suggest something that clearly DOESN'T fit into what you're looking for? sheesh; turn on the brain switch already.

no, they are not frappes, those are baskin robbins; they are not slushies, icees or anything of that nature, don't ask if we have those, because we can legitly say no and be correct. don't ask me what my favorite is, i will give you an honest answer: none of them, because i don't like them, period. don't ask why i don't; i don't have to justify my preferences to you, either.

i will ask another employee what they recommend, because you wanted gauge; i'm giving it to you, via another person, don't get a serious case of cbf over it.

i can recommend choices on other drinks; give me a general direction and i can get you something you like, i just need some basic information-don't get stupid with me when i ask you a few questions.

don't share; i don't want to know...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

How did the kid manage to get covered in paint?

Hehe. Three SCs, Three Stooges. Coincidence? Maybe not.
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I like that they likely hopped in their G.D. CAR to come see you, and got the paint all over the place in the process! What if it *wasn't* water based?

Maroons!
              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

And the morons just keep coming, starting with the management of course. Lately, they have been of a "clean up the store" kick and since I work in the paint dept.......

Last weekend I painted the floor in the ladies room and today it was the men's room turn. I expect I will continue this till I reach the other side of the store. As an expierment, I continued painting outside the bathroom for about a 3ft X 3ft area.

I then put up 4 "Caution Wet Floor signs", A bright red dolly, a 6ft wooden ladder, a trash can, I leaned three boxes the 8ft light bulbs come in across the isle, put two big rolls of electrical wire, a stepladder, a large fan and 4 copper grounding rods (8ft) across the other isle.

5 minutes later, a last minute moron stepped in the paint.

Comment

And as we get the "Oficial Federal Mandated Moron day (Observed)", what could top off of all these feastivities?

Two days with the daddy of Boss #1 &#2, The Owner.

He is 90+, really does not have a clue what is going on in the store and likes to go on 15 minute rants about the importance of shopping carts.

Excuse me OK, that's better.

The only other problem today, was just how many people, who obviously had the day off, seemed pissed that people in the store also had the day off.

Sorry, there are only two of us here.
                  There is no one in Plumbing and Electrical,
                  There is no one for special orders,
                  We cannot call other companies for things since they are closed for the holiday,
                  We cannot add anything to the order, since it was transmitted Saturday due to the holiday,
                  There is only one guy in the warehouse, so it will take him a while to load you 50 bags of concrete,
                  No, we cannot get you your 10 tons of wheat seed today since the big warehouse is closed for the holiday.

And to finish with the festivities, we closed at 3, or should I say we tried to close at 3. People kept coming up to the doors and the Owner kept letting them in!

Congratulations! We have found the King of All Morons!

Comment

Perhaps I spoke too soon, I look out my door this evening and oh look a Fire Truck!!

The neighbor kids a couple houses down had decided to make a campfire...in their backyard....

Comment

Perhaps I spoke too soon, I look out my door this evening and oh look a Fire Truck!!

The neighbor kids a couple houses down had decided to make a campfire...in their backyard....
                      I keep trying to tell everyone, but they never listen

rescue equiptment is anti-darwinism, the lives they save are the ones natural selection was supposed to root out.
                      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Working...
                      X