This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Idiocy, starring #4 and Yours Truly

So for those of you who are NFL fans, Brett Favre decided to call it a career today (I cannot confirm the rumors that Aaron Rodgers hurt himself while celebrating )

Therefore, the store manager decided to make a display at the front of the store of all the Brett Favre-related merchandise he could scrounge up. He also instructed us not to hold anything for any customers calling the store and asking us to hold stuff for them--we want to sell everything to people who actually are in the store.

So toward the end of my shift today, I got this little gem on an outside call for sporting goods.

Me: Sporting goods, how can I help you?
    SC: Do you have the Brett Favre Uno game in stock (a regular Uno game with the cards housed in a little case that looks like a Brett Favre jersey)
    Me: Yes we do. We have them on an endcap in toys and also at the front of the store.
    SC: Great! Could you hold 24 of them for me and I'll pick them up tomorrow?
    Me: Sorry. Our store manager has specifically requested that we not set aside those items.
    SC: So you don't want my money then? I suppose you're going to tell me there's a limit on them too!
    Me: Actually there's no limit. We just cannot hold anything for customers to come in and pay for it later. You can buy as many Uno games as you want; we just ask that you come back and get them in person.
    SC: But I live 45 minutes away! I can't make a special trip into town for them tonight.
    Me: (thinking "Then why did you call in the first place?") Sorry, manager's orders.
    SC: I bet you're holding them for other people! Is that it?
    Me: We're not holding any Brett Favre Uno games for anybody. Again, if you want to buy 24 of them, fine, but we can't set them aside for you.
    SC: *click!

Ahh, customer service! I'm not happy until you're not happy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Ahh, customer service! I'm not happy until you're not happy.
    Don't know why, but this line just killed me.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

That is my motto, from www.despair.com: Customer Disservice: "Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied."
      I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

"Yes sir, thats it, you caught me. The manager said I can hold items for everyone except for SC(you) personally since we know who you are by name and what a douche you are going to be!"

IPF, you have some of the best stories on this site!
        I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

I'm blessed with an overabundance of idiots.

I think I'm going to have to start referring to these people by the area code "920", much like the "867" people Gravekeeper deals with.

Comment

"Yep, I'm holding them for myself. I can't get enough Uno!!"

Also, the fact that he wanted 24 suggests to me that he was planning on selling them on eBay or the like as "limited edition commemorative items" at nearly twice the price he bought them for.

Comment

SC: So you don't want my money then?
              Ah, yes. The old "I'm trying to give you money/You don't want my money" gambit. They always pull that one out when they're losing, don't they?
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

SC: So you don't want my money then?
                So according to this guy, selling products to people instead of hiding them in the corner for someone who may or may not come and buy them means you don't want money?

Riggghhhtt

Comment

*feels like she should know this because of dad...* who is Brett Favre?

Comment

Quoth Deceptitech View Post
                    That is my motto, from www.despair.com: Customer Disservice: "Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied."
                    that's almost as good as
                    Apathy-If we don't take care of the customer,maybe they'll stop bugging us.
                    or
                    Customer Care- If we really care for the customer we'd send them somewhere better
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                      Ah, yes. The old "I'm trying to give you money/You don't want my money" gambit. They always pull that one out when they're losing, don't they?
                      I pulled that game once at a Lowe's. I wanted to buy all 100 pieces of 2" PVC conduit that they had in stock. The bean counter lady whine about the possibility of other customers wanting some... maybe... sometime between then and when the truck arrived the following week.

I couldn't have cared less about other customers, I was in the store with my golden-hued AMEX and wanted them all.

For some reason, her manager agreed with me.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I think I'm going to have to start referring to these people by the area code "920", much like the "867" people Gravekeeper deals with.
                        But some of my family still lives in the 920 area code!!
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          *feels like she should know this because of dad...* who is Brett Favre?
                          The (recently-ex)-quarterback for the Green Bay Packers. And in 4 years and 350ish days, a signature member of the NFL hall of fame.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to start referring to these people by the area code "920"
                            Please explain....

and I used to have http://www.despair.com/ap24x30prin.html as my wallpaper at work and I work in a call centre - so very appropriate
                            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

920=area code that basically covers east-central Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X