This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey matter optional

A few incidents today and over the last couple of days...

OMG! There's gonna be a storm!

Sunday everyone felt the need to stock up for the OMG!Storm there was today. Yeah, it was pretty bad rain; but no worse than we've had before here in England, country of rain. Yet Sunday was jammed with people buying all the milk, bread and eggs just in case. Leading to people today whining cuz we don't have much of any of those things. -.-

How dare you close on Easter Sunday!

This nasty SC had a go at me yesterday cuz I dared to inform her that the store is closing on Easter Sunday. She thought it, in her own words, disgraceful as she "always goes shopping on Sunday" and she was going to make a complaint at Customer Services about the store closing, cuz "You never have closed before on Easter Sunday." Sorry, I don't know what rock you've been living under for the past few years, but this supermarket always closes on Easter Sunday.

My bad wrist = bad cashier

I have an aching wrist cuz I sprained it a couple of weeks ago when I came off my motorbike. It's pretty much good, but it aches when I strain it; which I did on Sunday (see first entry) when the entire world decided to go shopping at once. This SC and her husband decided to have a go at me cuz I wasn't scanning as fast as I normally do. They puncuated their lightning fast packing with occasional "Come on!" remarks and "I wish we'd gone to another till now!" comments. I wish you had too, you dried up old hag and brain dead prat.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

This nasty SC had a go at me yesterday cuz I dared to inform her that the store is closing on Easter Sunday. She thought it, in her own words, disgraceful as she "always goes shopping on Sunday" and she was going to make a complaint at Customer Services about the store closing, cuz "You never have closed before on Easter Sunday." Sorry, I don't know what rock you've been living under for the past few years, but this supermarket always closes on Easter Sunday.
    Part of the Sunday Trading legislation requires all stores over a certain size to be closed on Easter Sunday. Might want to tell them that next time.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Part of the Sunday Trading legislation requires all stores over a certain size to be closed on Easter Sunday. Might want to tell them that next time.

Rapscallion
      Nah, its more fun waiting for the *indignant* letter to the local rag and the ensuing *aren't you a bit silly* response!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Ok, so, she has advance warning that the store will be closed but rather than preparing ahead of time to shop the day before or after, she has to gripe and make a complaint that won't change a thing for her? Stooooopid.
        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

You forgot the golden rule for SCs... if it makes sense, it's not allowed. XD We usually get at least one weirdo every year ranting about the Easter Sunday closure. Oh the lulz.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

One of my friends had a little gift shop. During the Christmas break she had her two preteen daughters (one adopted of another race, one natural) helping in the store. One evil SC asked the adpoted daughter if she was going to work the store on Christmas because the evil SC might need a last minute gift AND the girl wasn't a real daughter so her mom wouldn't miss her if she was working the store.

Oh yea. Evil SC really needed a smack down.
            SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
              Ok, so, she has advance warning that the store will be closed but rather than preparing ahead of time to shop the day before or after, she has to gripe and make a complaint that won't change a thing for her? Stooooopid.
              The world is full of stoooooooopid.

It's also contagious. Make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

On Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday and other early closes such as The 4th and Memorial day it is always fun to watch the Customers beg to get let in 10+ minutes after the store actually closed. Um, the giant 3x5 sign now covering the door doesn't clue you in NOTHING will.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                  One would have thought that two thousand and eight years was sufficient notice even for the suckiest of customers!
                  Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

My bad wrist = bad cashier

I have an aching wrist cuz I sprained it a couple of weeks ago when I came off my motorbike. It's pretty much good, but it aches when I strain it; which I did on Sunday (see first entry) when the entire world decided to go shopping at once. This SC and her husband decided to have a go at me cuz I wasn't scanning as fast as I normally do. They puncuated their lightning fast packing with occasional "Come on!" remarks and "I wish we'd gone to another till now!" comments. I wish you had too, you dried up old hag and brain dead prat.
                    man, I hate when people do this. I hurt my arm once and so I was really only trying to use my off hand to scan stuff because I didn't want to strain it, so of course I was going a little slow...but guess what, not one person complained then. No, I had people complaining the week before I hurt my arm when I was scanning crazy fast because of all the ridiculously large order (thank you stupid snow storm!) I had some prick heave a big sigh and say "C'mon, hurry it up...I haven't got all day like you people." (yes hey actually enunciated the 'you people'. What I wouldn't give to have been able to retort to that without losing my job!)
                    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Yet Sunday was jammed with people buying all the milk, bread and eggs just in case.

Never did figure this out. What, we'll all be just fine if we can only make French toast?
                      NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

"He had it on 'smash'..."

People would gripe when I'd shut off the belt because otherwise it might sometimes keep going and smash orders, so I do it in that accord. But then, when I leave it on and said statement does occur, they gripe. It's a double-edged sword...no win situation. People need something to gripe about.
                        HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
                          If I remember right its any store with an area over 3000 square metres.

Comment

This SC and her husband decided to have a go at me cuz I wasn't scanning as fast as I normally do. They puncuated their lightning fast packing with occasional "Come on!" remarks and "I wish we'd gone to another till now!" comments.
                            Its a shame its nothing you can react to at a checkout.
                            I love how SCs think you just don't care, cannot hear them when they make extremely rude comments, especially when your providing a SERVICE (i.e changing a battery, something we don't actually have to do to attract repeat customers), or if the situation can't be helped (i.e our Cage for bulky goods is off-site, we have to go to the other side of the mall to get bulky goods i.e Televisions, Hi-Fi) and though we offer our sympathies and explain how we can't help it and overestimate how long it takes, you still have a select few that storm out because "How Dare" we not have everything in stock within arms reach, or because they are just more important then everyone else and cannot wait a few moments to get their purchase, despite the fact you could easily waste 10 to 20 minutes in our store playing with all the different toys/gadgets/massagers, etc.

If they really push it with the rude comments, we can refuse service if we wish.. we generally do if they are really pushing it (think 4 to 5 comments, and though they're subtle they start getting personal) ask them to keep their opinions to themselves or leave. I'm pleased my managerial staff can look past the arrogant Customer is Always Right mantra.
                            - Boochan

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post

Never did figure this out. What, we'll all be just fine if we can only make French toast?
                              Come on, you know that when it's stormy outside, you just want a slice of French toast!
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X