This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of using the LOCK????

I was cleaning the lobby tonight and hadn't had any customers in it in about 2 hours. So while I'm mopping I go first into the womens restroom to clean/stock then mop. Next is the mens room. I open the door about 4 inches and get (literally) screamed at by a guy in there "dropping the kids off at the pool". Don't you know how to knock?!?!?! I was shocked and before I could stop myself I answered..."The door has a lock for a reason...try USING it!" At the other stores I have worked at yes I would normally knock because they were the larger restrooms. These are the one person ones.

Question: Who in the hell goes into a one person restoom and doesn't lock the damn door?

Sad thing is this happens at least 2-3 times a week. (tonight was the first time it happened to me) What are people thinking? As much as I hate to say it....it is ALWAYS the guys. I have never heard this happening with the women's restroom. I'm contemplating posting a sign that says Please Lock the Door when in use.

Sidenote: This guy wasn't even a customer. Just someone who stopped in to use the restroom.

I have no idea..I always lock the door. Perhaps it's too difficult! lol
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I always lock the door. But that had happened to me once. I went into one to use it. And ofcourse I looked under to see if any is not taken. Well the one that I thought was not in use. Well it was Now its time for the again
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It happens quite a lot here. Drives me insane.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
          I have no idea..I always lock the door. Perhaps it's too difficult! lol
          Seems to be for many.. or the lock doesn't work too well, or they're just thick. Many a time in a one person restroom in a restaurant or what have you I've entered when its said "vacant" and theirs been someone in there.. do they expect the general public to see through walls or something?
          - Boochan

Comment

Sometimes you're in such a hurry you forget to lock behind you?

Could be worse, though, at least he wasn't showing off on purpose. Many years ago now, I went into the men's room at the grocery to get changed before my shift (had to walk 6 miles to work, so I didn't like to wear my work clothes for the trip). There's one urinal and one stall, the stall facing the door that leads into the employee breakroom where several people were having lunch. There's a guy in the stall with one leg stretched out so his foot is holding the stall door wide open.

At this point, of course, I'd rather lost a fair amount of faith in humanity and had become a bit jaded. I pushed his foot down off the stall door with mine and slammed it shut. Then I told him to finish and leave because he wasn't welcome back in our store. Sure, I was overstepping my authority as a cashier, but and please cue the

Comment

I almost walked in on a woman at a doctor's office because she didn't lock the door.

Thing was, the lock was broken, and the nurses knew it, and they knew she was in there when they saw me walking towards the door, and when they saw me put my hand on the door.

But they let me try and open the door, where it was promptly slammed in my face. At this point a nurse says "Someone's in there, you better hope she doesn't come out of there swinging for you doing that"

I was so stunned I didn't know what to say. I apologized to the woman when she came out, went in and held the door shut.

Sadly I couldn't leave since I was only there to give a urine sample.

Comment

Quoth traylk View Post
                Question: Who in the hell goes into a one person restoom and doesn't lock the damn door?

Sad thing is this happens at least 2-3 times a week. (tonight was the first time it happened to me) What are people thinking? As much as I hate to say it....it is ALWAYS the guys. I have never heard this happening with the women's restroom. I'm contemplating posting a sign that says Please Lock the Door when in use.

Sidenote: This guy wasn't even a customer. Just someone who stopped in to use the restroom.
                Honestly. I usually don't. Because I handle my business in literally 10 seconds. Benefit of being a guy.

If someone were to barge in, though, I wouldn't feel justified in berating them, since I left the door unlocked.

Comment

I lock the door, no matter what.

Hell, if my bathroom here at home had a lock, I'd use it.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I worked in the bookstore, we only had an employee restroom (we were in a mall), and the lock never stayed fixed. All of the employees knew, but we had a big sign on the door anyway, warning everyone to KNOCK FIRST! Well, the delivery truck was there one day, and I needed to use the restroom. The door was shut (it was usually propped open if unoccupied), so I knocked. No answer, but the light was on, so I knocked again (loudly) and asked if anyone was inside, just to be sure. Still no answer...so I start to open the door slowly, still asking "hello? anyone there?" The door was almost halfway open (it was a one-person room, so the toilet was nearly in view) before the truck driver bothered to yell out that he was in there.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      I lock the door, no matter what.

Hell, if my bathroom here at home had a lock, I'd use it.
                      Mine does. And I do.
                      MySpace

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                        I always lock the door. . Well it was Now its time for the again
                        Yes it is. Why the hell would somebody leave the door unlocked in a public bathroom while they're using it?!! I lock the door in the public bathrooms, but at home I close it.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I have used those restrooms a number of times, and I always lock the door, only because I find it uncomfortable to have someone watch me go to the bathroom. Those family restrooms also come to mind, and I use those mostly when I have my kids with me. I always lock the door for a number of reasons, my main one being some sicko could walk in for a peek.

Comment

I know a lady whose house backs up to the local golf course.
                            In the sight line from her kitchen table is the equivalent of a "stall" bathroom made for the out doors.
                            Apparently early morning golfers like to bring their newspapers on the course with them and take a midgame break . . .
                            This is Texas it gets hot in the summer. So they like to leave the door open . . . no matter which end their business is coming from.
                            She finally got someone from the city to visit her and witness the entertainment. The city planted shrubbery . . . .tall shrubbery. One of the men complained at the clubhouse about how that messed with the cool breeze. The clerk explained that the people living along the course didn't appreciate the view. The discussion eneded their.
                            (Basically these men were out enjoying their game and oblivious to the fact that someone might actually live off a golf course and enjoy the view out of their windows.)

Comment

I almost always lock the door no matter what bathroom I'm using, unless I've got to get in there RIGHT AWAY.

Comment

Working...
                              X