Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, no, NO. You can't return this. (longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, no, NO. You can't return this. (longish)

Hello all, I'm new to this here forum. Now, I work in a store that sells all baby stuff, which should be a friendly place to work, right? No. Not in the least. That is because management has decided to keep sticking me at the customer service desk. That means I return things. For idiots.

See, printed on the back of the receipts and on place mats at all of the registers, is our return policy. It's ninety days, make sure you have the receipt, or you get the lowest price. If I get one more person trying to return something from a year ago and demanding full price, you will see me on the news being arrested for beating someone half to death with a bag of cloth diapers. My favorite is the woman who screamed swear words at me for twenty minutes because she wanted to do two seperate transactions; which turned into three because she kept switching around what she was saying...and as I started crying, she began to call me incompentent and told me that I didn't know how to do my job, and what a stupid bitch I am.

Or, the woman who when I showed her the back of the receipt, looked at me and said 'But no one reads the back of the receipt.' I told her that that didn't matter; no way was she getting her money back.

Or today, when a woman got mad and stormed out because we were having trouble returing her monitor. Which she bought six months ago. Which has since been discontinued. And she had no receipt or a box. And we were STILL going to take it back, but she had to be a bitch about it.

Or the woman who yelled at me about giving something back to her for the wrong price. Only to remember she used a coupon when she bought it.

...and it goes downhill from there. Just a warning as to the stories I will be bringing to this forum.

Welcome and bring on the stories. We're all secretly sadistic; we like to fantasize about what we want to do to SCs.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

to !

We look forward to your company and your tales of suckdom.

Comment

Your among friends now...Let it all out and enjoy with us this popcorn.

Comment

I was standing in the returns line at BabiesR'Us behind a couple obviously returning a bunch of baby shower gifts, no gift receipts. "It's not from here, are you sure?!?!" Sucks, but hey what are you going to do...people need to give gift receipts!

Comment

Welcome and don't worry you are amoung friends here who completely understand what you are going through. Can't wait for more stories.
            Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Welcome!

As a former registry supervisor at the store you work at, I feel your pain. My best ever was the man who had a perfectly-sealed bouncer box, and no receipt... Our store always opened every box, and when I ever pulled this one out... It looked like 100 babies had spit up and had diaper blowouts all over it. I looked at the guy and said "Yeah... I can't return this. It's been used." He said "Okay," and took it back and left.
              WoW addict: Rogue, Paladin, Hunter, Priest!

Comment

I once worked at a place that had a return for a broken, covered in mud, scratched all to hell basketball plastic thing -- that had gone out of production eight years prior (or at least hadn't been stocked at the place for eight years prior).

And guess what? It had NEVER been used! And he JUST bought it the last week. Management, for some unknown reason, took the thing back. Of course they gave the man the last known price of the item -- which was only like $10-20 (about 10% of the original cost). Shockingly, someone acutually asked to buy it! They needed a part for theirs they couldn't get or something.

Comment

You are among friends.

, Yell, , it is all good.
                  SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Welcome

Been employed in a very, very small electronics store in a reasonably small mall, I share your pain on crappy returns. I'd say 90% are all good and fine, that follow all the rules and aren't irritating about it. The other 10% generally gear themselves up for a fight for a return, or give us the item with no reciept/packing or a ratty reciept from another store (this I especially hate) and demand a refund. My worst have been..
                    * $500 Refund on a Portable Sat-Nav for no reason, a few days out of our 14 Day Change-Of-Mind policy DEMANDING he get the Refund in cash despite the fact we had only opened an hour prior and we only keep $1000 in two cash registers, and the fact we generally only handle a couple of hundred in sales for the first hour of trade.. When refusing to leave, we essentially left both tills dangerously bare of change.
                    * Refunds expected for items bought years ago.
                    * Refunds expected if they broke the item thinking we wouldn't notice it broken in the box.
                    * Exchanges expected on items that were obviously broken by the customer, or are of a ridiculously high value (Its standard after the DOA period to send the item for repair while the customer waits, as most refuse to follow instructions and call the manufacturer)
                    And much more.

So Welcome, and I'm sure all of us feel your pain and frustration.
                    - Boochan

Comment

How about the woman in my store (I wasn't there to see it, but heard about it) who, after having gastric bypass surgery, and losing a lot of weight, took all the clothes she had purchased from my store, had them dry cleaned and returned them! Unfortunately our policy is we take it back no matter what, no time limit, etc. And people take advantage. I can see returning something a. if its never been worn or b. it was defective in some way.

But...the fact you lost a lot of weight? Unbelieveable. I also overhead a manager on the phone the other day with a customer who had a shirt she bought over a year ago, and the dry cleaner ruined. Of course she had no tags or receipt, but wanted to return it. The manager told her politely that she needed to resolved this with the dry cleaner...and returning was not really an option.

And finally, the other day, we had an associate from our sister store (the co owns two different women's stores) - who is always rude and nasty. She had purchased a sweater, and i guess it had ripped or had a small hole. She wanted to know if we could send it out to have it fixed (we had a woman who did alterations, but she moved, and most stores do not offer this service) and then wanted to know if SHE took it to be repaired, would the store reimburse her? First of all, you are an employee, and second of all, you bought it on sale! The manager told her she would have to speak to the DM< and then said she was going to tell the DM what a PITA this woman is!

There is an unwritten rule that when associates shop, esp in another store, you don't ask for this and that and make the others run around....so you ask for a box, and not to have your things boxed up and wrapped. Or you put things back on hangers like you are supposed to and put them away - I always do that if i'm in another store other than my own. Its not fair since the associates won't get credit for my sale, i don't want to make any extra work for them. But some of them still think they can be treated like prima donnas....which is just wrong.

Comment

Bought a used copy of Breath of Fire 2 back when I lived in MO, and had my brother's SNES and a game genie. Copy is given to me, marked on with sharpie, and ground through gravel, apparently. No biggie, it plays just fine. I cheated to beat it in a week, really only wanting to see the Shaman forms, and the end game, cause I kept getting to the whale section, and just giving up on the emulator...
                        Went back in a week later, to trade the game (and a handful of others) back in. Guy running reg looks at the copy of BoF2 and asks me if I really think he should take that in trade?
                        "Hell yes, that's how your store sold it to me."
                        Luckily, cashier from week prior is standing behind me, remembers me, and speaks up. "Yeah, that's how I sold it to her."
                        Oh, yeah, the Sharpie said something like, "Property of Brian Wilson" now, had the guy looked at my ID (which was required for all their trade ins) he'd have seen my name isn't even close to Brian Wilson.
                        Guy gives me credit for the trade.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                          Unfortunately our policy is we take it back no matter what, no time limit, etc. And people take advantage.
                          That policy needs to be changed! Of course people are going to take advantage of such a policy, the store is just begging for it.

Comment

Quoth Hello Kitty View Post
                            That policy needs to be changed! Of course people are going to take advantage of such a policy, the store is just begging for it.
                            Indeed.
                            I mean most of the time it will just be thrown in trash afterward anyway for health reasons (especially if its clothing), and if its old then its obviously going to be un-sellable.
                            - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              Welcome and bring on the stories. We're all secretly sadistic; we like to fantasize about what we want to do to SCs.
                              Secretly? Who are you fooling? I make no effort to hide my sadism.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X