This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why me Dog, why me?

Did I somehow spray myself with asshole attractant this morning?

I covered a lunch break in electronics today. While there I was approached by a harpy who barked at me "Where are your Wiis?!"

I went over to the shelf to look and it turned out we had none left. "I'm sorry Ma'am, but it looks like we are sold out of Wiis at the moment"

"THEN WHERE'S THE COMPUTER YOU HAVE ON SALE!?"

"It's right over here, on this endcap." I took her over to it.

"WELL IF I DIDN'T SEE IT THEN I GUESS I'M BLIND! WHERE'S YOUR AD FOR THIS WEEK?!"

At this point I seriously contemplated handing her an ad and telling her "Well, here you go, but I must warn you it isn't in Braille," but that would have gotten me instantly shit-canned. I gave her an ad, she turned away, and then I helped somebody else.

While I was with this second customer, harpy played the role of peripheral hoverer, tapping her foot impatiently and casting cat-butt glances in my direction. Right after I finished with the second customer, she gave me a loud "AHEM!"

"What can I do for you ma'am?" (being much more courteous than she deserved)

"Since you don't seem to have any computers in stock AGAIN, I'd like to buy the display."

I explain to her that we are unable to sell displays until the item goes on clearance and the display is the last one left in stock. I offered her a raincheck.

"CAN'T YOU JUST TAKE DOWN MY NAME AND NUMBER AND CALL ME WHEN MORE COME IN?!""

Um, bitch, that is basically what a raincheck is--taking down your name and number and calling you when the item comes in again. I again offered her the raincheck.

"WELL I GUESS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MONEY TODAY! I WAS READY TO SPEND AT LEAST A THOUSAND BUCKS TODAY! I HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS!"

And the best part--she decided to complain about me to the service desk. This is a boatload of fail because that's like complaining to a stockboy. At best they'll pretend to commiserate with you, but they can't do anything for you, and they won't do anything for you. They won't even relay your complaint to management.

I swear, they must put Rudey-poo juice in the water or something around here.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

woot first post in an IPF thread

I can feel the suck from here i feel sorry for you :bow:

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      That must smell vile.

Comment

Is that a new scent of Axe body spray?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I WAS READY TO SPEND AT LEAST A THOUSAND BUCKS TODAY! I HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS!
          A thousand bucks? On a Wii, and a discounted computer? Only if it's a superbly high-end computer. However, it's discounted, so I'd imagine it's more along the lines of a Dell or HP.
          And, last I was aware, Irv works at the Bullseye, and they're not going out of business any time soon, you vile harridan!
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Close but no cigar. There is no Bullseye in my town.

I work at a similar, but smaller type of store.

Comment

Close but no cigar. There is no Bullseye in my town.

I work at a similar, but smaller type of store.
              Ah, my fault... I could've sworn last I heard you worked for them...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

wait she said you where completely out of stock on computers?... where you?

Comment

I wish I could have worked at a place where customer complaints never reach management.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    wait she said you where completely out of stock on computers?... where you?
                    Yes, except for the display.

Comment

wow... no computers at all weird...

Comment

We only have one kind of laptop right now. We only started carrying them at the beginning of the year.

There will be three new models coming in sometime in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                        X