This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope I don't read about this guy in the paper

Today was an eventful day, to say the least.

Had a gentleman (I use the term very loosely) come up to me and ask "Where's the Hawaiian Punch?"

I took him over to the beverage aisle, where we found many varieties of juice and vaguely juice-based beverages, but no Hawaiian Punch.

Gentleman then says to me "This 67-year-old-guy [who I'm guessing is his father or somebody else in his care], he says 'I'll only drink Hawaiian Punch, don't give me anything other than Hawaiian Punch to drink'....I'll give him a punch."

And then he walked away.

Somehow I did not think he was joking.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

My company does a monthly birthday thing in the cafeteria, whereby we each get a ticket and we can get a cupcake (or sometimes donuts or cookies) and a free soda (only from the coolers by the cupcake table). Last time I decided to get a Hawaiian Punch...I hadn't had it in so long I forgot how disgusting the stuff is....
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I hadn't had it in so long I forgot how disgusting the stuff is....
      Yeah, you've got childhood memories of drinking the stuff, and you forget just how nasty they are. What is up with that gritty texture?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If this guy is in the papers, can you link us?!

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        What is up with that gritty texture?
        I always thought I was imagining that part; I'm glad I'm not alone! Why would anyone want to drink that stuff? Blech.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Well, it would be kind of hard. I don't know the guy's name or anything,
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Yeah, you've got childhood memories of drinking the stuff, and you forget just how nasty they are.
            My memory was cherry Kool-aid. I had a sip recently and I remember why I switched to Pepsi.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Well, it would be kind of hard. I don't know the guy's name or anything,
              Not really. I'm sure the news report would go something like this;

"Elderly gentleman punched in the face over a beverage choice! Details on page D6"
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
              X