This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor SC Annoyed By My Lack Of Lawbreaking

Yesterday the nastiest most snarly and stupid sc I had all day was a pastor. Apparently she'd been ordering flowers and the call had dropped just after she gave out her credit card number so she called back to make sure that we went ahead and processed the order.

No big deal right? Discconnects and shit happens.

She got me, who wasn't the original person she talked to. The longer we talked the more pissed off she got. Godly? Not by a long stretch. Foul and hateful? You betcha!

The thing she was most annoyed with is the fact that the original agent didn't run her credit card and finish the order after the call dropped. She refused to accept that running someone's credit card without asking for permission and giving them a total is illegal, cussing me out again an again because it was in her words a "stupid company policy" instead of an illegal act.

So after we get all the way through me retaking her order and her being super snippy, hateful and shrieking she asks for a discount because shes a pastor. I declined to give her one even though I could give her several different discount.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Did she really cuss you out?

Comment

Should have added the evil bitch tax, its very satisfying to do!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I've noticed that often people in more extreme positions internally tend to have the opposite ...

You know ... the guy who hates gays so very, very much ... holier-than-thou pastors ... etc. These folks are often what they preach against.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I've found that merely belonging to a church, including it's hierchy, does not make one pious or humble. If the person involved is a SC, it usually makes matters worse.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
            I've found that merely belonging to a church, including it's hierchy, does not make one pious or humble. If the person involved is a SC, it usually makes matters worse.
            I've always said, going to to Church makes me as much of a Christian as standing in a garage makes me a car.

I dunno, it just seems a bit extra sucky when people who are eg pastors, heads of charities etc, go the SC route. You always hope/expect that they would try and set an example for the masses....
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Entitlement whores are that way because of a skewed view of reality. Being part of a church usually amps this up because "GOD LOVES THEM MOOOOOOREEEE"

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                I've always said, going to to Church makes me as much of a Christian as standing in a garage makes me a car.
                I am so stealing this.
                "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quote Nakajo:
                  [Quoth iradney
                  I've always said, going to to Church makes me as much of a Christian as standing in a garage makes me a car.]
                  I am so stealing this.

I gave my very religious Dad a bumper sticker with that sentiment. He loves it. He keeps it in his office.
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I'd have been tempted to say something to the effect of: "Really? I thought pastors were meant to set an example by their behavior. I don't think you are one" LOL but that might get you fired.

Iradney, I'll be using that as well! Brilliant
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post

I dunno, it just seems a bit extra sucky when people who are eg pastors, heads of charities etc, go the SC route. You always hope/expect that they would try and set an example for the masses....
                      People are people regardless of their beliefs or position in life.

Also, I second that quote theft. :P
                      I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                      In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Re: Quote theft - alas, it wasn't made up by me, so I have no ownership. Still, use it all you like
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

When I worked for the music club, it was policy that if a call was dropped, any orders, payments, adjustments, etc. that had been done be deleted to prevent duplications. Also, it always seemed that the members of our Christian music club were the quickest to swear and call the agents names if they didn't get their own way. They also normally made the most outrageous demands.
                          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

You know, this thread makes me wonder what Hell will be like for entitlement whores.....? I'd think it should somehow involve them being stuck in a customer service position tending an endless line of sucky customers, one after another after another after another, each customer sucking worse than the previous with no smoke, potty, or lunch breaks.

I can almost hear someone ranting to these tortured souls, "I'm gonna call Satan, and get you fired!"
                            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

That "stupid" policy can help save her from many forms of fraud.

I hope she eventually realizes that.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X