This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine print on coupons

This was the thinking of an SC I saw at Sears the other day. I went in to buy only two shirts, which was a simple order. However, I had to wait behind this old bag with her coupon that gave her a $20 savings on her purchases. First off, she had dropped a pair of panties, which I picked up and politely told her that she had dropped it. She was fine enough with it, but had then decided she didn't want to buy it. (Makes you wonder if she intended to drop it on the floor?) When the cashier rang up her total, she proceeded to give him this coupon, and her debit card. The following ensued:

C: "Maam, I'm sorry, but you can only use that if you purchase your items with your Sears card. Do you have one?"
    SC: "Yes, but I don't want to use it, or I wouldn't be trying to hand you my debit card. Besides, it doesn't say that on here."
    C: (Politely takes the coupon, and points it out to her) "In order to use this, you have to use your Sears card."
    SC: "Fine. Here is my card." (Then, after the cashier swipes the card....) "Now, here is my debit card. Pay my Sears card with it."
    C: "Maam, I can't do that, because you first have to sign your name for the Sears card."
    SC: (Getting huffy) "That's ridiculous" (turned to me, then said...) "They always get you some way or the other with these coupons!"

Thankfully, she signed off and went on her way, and we're all in line thinking to ourselves, "Why don't you just pay with the damn Sears card, then pay it off when the damn bill arrives?" Aren't these the people who actually like fine print on everything, but only when it works to their advantage?

Damn coupons!
    First line on ours says: "One coupon, per customer, per DAY!"
    How many customers walk up to me at my register and immediately ask if they can use two coupons?
    All of them. And, "No."
    "Can I split it into two transactions?"
    "See the 'Per DAY!' part? That means 'No!' "
    "Well, the other store does it."
    "So I've heard, however, we're not that store."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

oh the joy of coupons. That reminds me, my store has this dumb policy of printing off offers for coupons. Now these offer are printed on the coupon paper but they are not coupons, in fact there is a large blank space on all of these and in big bold lettering they all say NOT A REDEEMABLE COUPON. So, as you can imagine, people get pissed when I tell them sorry they can't use it, it's only an offer for a coupon. They bitch and moan, I call a manager over because I don't want to listen anymore, manager caves, gives it to them and then low an behold! As soon as their transaction is done, the coupon they just bitched and moaned about prints off!!

Kriffing!!!!!!!!
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post

Thankfully, she signed off and went on her way, and we're all in line thinking to ourselves, "Why don't you just pay with the damn Sears card, then pay it off when the damn bill arrives?" Aren't these the people who actually like fine print on everything, but only when it works to their advantage?
        If it makes sense it's not allowed. You should know this by now.

I use one card for everything, and pay it off when the bill comes. I have an Old Navy card, but the only time I actually use it is when I get coupons that require me to use it, or when I order online. Then...OMGgetthisyou'llneverguess... I pay it off when the bill comes!!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
          my store has this dumb policy of printing off offers for coupons.
          Offers for coupons?!?!? Huh? I don't get it. Why would your store do that? Does it say you have to do something to get the actual coupon?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            "Well, the other store does it."
            Ah, yes. The mythical 'other store'.
            It only exists in that magical land where we also have the mysterious back room where we keep all of the popular stuff that we don't want to sell...
            Last edited by Demonoid Phenomenon; 04-07-2008, 05:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              "One coupon, per customer, per DAY!"
              "Can I split it into two transactions?"
              Juwl, from your previous posts, I thought the correct answer was:
              1) More than one coupon? No, until 5 minutes into my shift when management caves. Then later it's no again when another manager tells me to enforce it...
              2) Multiple transactions? Why sure. Heck, even nine of them since management is going to let you whine until they cave.
              3) (unmentioned) Don't have a coupon? Sure, sign here. Want to use the coupon you don't have multiple times? No problem. Want me to impale myself on this art-tip sharpie? Just a moment please
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Our FEM is really strict on coupons. One of our old managers would cave every every time a SC complained. The Sc's knew it. When they came in they would ask the cashier for spinless manager. Upon SM arrival they would shove coupons at him, he would look and tell cashier to take them and walk off. Spineless manger no longer works for us. Supposedly let go for some other reason.

Comment

The mythical "other store" those guys let customers get away with everything!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    Spineless manger no longer works for us. Supposedly let go for some other reason.
                    Certainly not because he's spineless. Those are the managers that the higher-ups like!
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The other store does it? Which one? Ma'am, that store was torn down 12 years ago and is now a tree.

OR

The other store does it? Well, thank you for informing me. I will be sure to call over there and let them know they should not be doing that.

Comment

i always have to read those sears coupons,

since i work in the autocenter, most of them will not work. there is alot of fine print on them, and pretty much they wont work in most of the store. which kind of sucks, what is the point of having those coupons anyway.
                        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
                        X