This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer USED to be nice to me.

I work part-time at my job now due to school and when I used to work full-time, this lady would come in everyday and I made her latte just the way she liked it and she treated me nice but yesterday was completely different. She came in asking for a latte with two shots, whipped cream with caramel. I made it for her and she said in a nasty tone she wanted it iced and she rolled her eyes. I apologized and said I haven't seen her in awhile to remember. So then I made it iced and she was unhappy with it saying the latte wasn't dark enough so she accused me of not putting two shots and putting in skim milk. I told her that I put two shots and she said no I didn't. I even showed her the milk I got it from and it was regular milk and she still accused me of putting skim milk. I got really frustrated with her and I told my co-worker to make it. If she knew any better, skim milk actually makes your iced latte, darker and not lighter. Only cream makes it really light. My co-worker made it better for her and she told the co-worker in front of me that she makes it the best. Then she had the audacity to ask me to charge her. I'm surprised she didn't accuse me of charging her wrong either.

I remember one time in my Green Apron days a girl watched me make her drink, I handed it to her and she stared at it. Then said it looked to light. She asked me if I used skim, I said no. She asked if i was sure. As it happened it was slow and I only took out milk as needed. I pointed to the one carton of full fat milk next to me and said "I assure you there is not skim milk in there.". She said "oh..." and slunk away. Geez, she stood there and WATCHED me make it, so she waits until it's fully made to question me?

I also loved when I was accused of being new because I couldn't automatically remember someone's drink. Most regulars I did remember but alas, I am only human. "I come in here all the time. You must be new". Slap on my big smile and say "Nope, been working this location for 3 and 1/2 years and a supervisor the whole time. Actually, you should know me by now". I usually got dirty looks in response but I was being a bit of a smartass so that's okay.

Some people are weird before they get their first coffee of the day. I have no explanation for the ones who are weird after they have been fully caffeinated.
    "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
    George Carlin

Comment

People are FAR TOO PICKY about how their stupid coffee is made.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

That's really weird. Why on earth would anyone assume that skim would make it lighter in color?

Comment

because skim milk is white, not black?

hehe
          http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
          Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

because sc logic is ultimate fail and ultimate 'wtfness.'

no worries, tina; it's not you, it's their addiction. you handled it pretty well, considering.

i have one that was always nasty to me; she wasn't very specific about what light ice is (because everyone has a different take on a given form of 'light x') and became condescending and rude, and didn't change until recently.

for me, hag, it's too little too late; if you stopped acting like a rude, nasty piece of waste earlier, i might have changed my opinion of you, but like waiting until a better deal comes along, you missed the bus.

irony is, she tried to chat me up yesterday, and i froze her out; not the best way to handle it, but after 4+ years of treatment like this, i just don't have the capacity to care anymore.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow. I guess these people have never made coffee at home before. Anyone who's ever run out of 1/2 & 1/2 knows that milk doesn't work nearly as well. The more the fat, the lighter the coffee. And now I need to go put a pot on.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

As soon as a customer is rude to me once, I'm pretty much done with them. I won't cuss them out, but I'll only do what's absolutely necessary, and not a thing more.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                  As soon as a customer is rude to me once, I'm pretty much done with them. I won't cuss them out, but I'll only do what's absolutely necessary, and not a thing more.
                  I am of this mindset as well. They'll get the bare minimum that I can give while keeping my job.

I'm also big on saying that I have a bad memory but miraculously, my mind is like a steel trap on remembering SC's when they come back around.

Not included in this mindset isthe normally decent customer who is having a bad day and takes it out on you. I've had a few of these that realized the error of their ways and apologized. They were forgiven, and therefore not banished to 'SC steel trap' of my mind.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

heck as long as it has caffeine and is somewhat similar to what I ordered-I'm happy.

and dammit if I can't pronounce it I don't order it
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      I am of this mindset as well. They'll get the bare minimum that I can give while keeping my job.
                      That's my attitude as well. I'll still do my job, and I'll still be perfunctorily polite, but I ain't going above and beyond for you if you can't even treat me like a human being.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                      X