Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The things they say, and what they don't know...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things they say, and what they don't know...

A woman came in, a semi-regular customer but otherwise remarkable. Well, until today. Thing is, we have a borrowed member of staff, one who normally works in the paper shop. The Boss is off on his jaunts right now so I need a little assistance.

"Aren't you from..." she began.

Borrowed Staff ™ smiled and nodded. He's used to this. "Next door? That's me. I'm just helping out."

"Oh, right. So, are you two related?" she asked, waving her hand around to indicate us both.

"No," he told her.

"That's good for you," she said, smiling. She walked down the shop as Borrowed Staff ™ and I exchanged long glances.

"That's going on the internet?" he mouthed to me.

I smiled and nodded.

Rapscallion

Well at least she recognized both of you and didn't see you as faceless drones to be stepped on.

I'm sorta like that, sometimes I go in "auto-pilot" mode where nothing gets really thought out.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Is there a resemblance between yourself and Borrowed Staff™, that would make her ask that?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A store i used to work in - me and Mike, we were the only 2 guys there, amongst a load of ladies, the store had about 10-12 staff. People always used to ask if we were brothers when we were working together. The thing is, we look NOTHING ALIKE! He has ginger hair! I have brown hair! The only similarity is we both wear glasses, and the same uniform!!! It doesn't make us brothers by any means!!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Is there a resemblance between yourself and Borrowed Staff™, that would make her ask that?
          Absolutely not. I should have made it clear that this was some years ago - I dug out some tales from my archives, so the present tense is as I wrote it back in 2003 or so.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            I should have made it clear that this was some years ago - I dug out some tales from my archives, so the present tense is as I wrote it back in 2003 or so.

Rapscallion
            Somehow I knew that without being told.

Whoa, maybe I'm getting psychic.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

For some reason, my best friend and I are always mistaken for sisters. We don't mind. But we don't see why. We don't think we look anything alike.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                For some reason, my best friend and I are always mistaken for sisters. We don't mind. But we don't see why. We don't think we look anything alike.
                When I was in high school, my best friend and myself were mistaken for brothers all the time. Now, to be fair, we did have the same hair color, height, and build, but that was where the similarities ended as we didn't look related at all. Near as we could figure, it was because we were so close as friends that we treated each other like brothers, and that showed through to the rest of the world.

Disturbingly, though, people often mistake my sister and me for husband and wife! That one I can't figure out, unless it's because I'm so close to my niece and nephew....
                ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
                - Cartman

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Whoa, maybe I'm getting psychic.
                  You might be able to get a prescription for that......
                  WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth Crafty1289 View Post
                    A store i used to work in - me and Mike, we were the only 2 guys there, amongst a load of ladies, the store had about 10-12 staff. People always used to ask if we were brothers when we were working together. The thing is, we look NOTHING ALIKE! He has ginger hair! I have brown hair! The only similarity is we both wear glasses, and the same uniform!!! It doesn't make us brothers by any means!!
                    Yes it does! Blood-brothers. Brothers in suffering. Comrades in the fight against the overwhelming hordes of stupidity!
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                    X