This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok...RANT TIME!!! (longish)

I appologize for any cussing this post may contain from the VERY start...I've had a VERY stressful few weeks and 5am's are not my cup of tea!

First of the list...
    I've decieded...in the less then 3 weeks I've been working there...that there are 3 types of people essntially when dealing with mailed in returns...
    1. the kind I like...the ones with the proper label affixed to the box in plain view with all their paperwork neatly available without digging through a big box of peanuts.
    2. the kind that have the label attached...kinda...but don't have the bar codes ANYWHERE on the outside so I can pull up records.
    3. then my ALL time favorite and the one that causes ALL the paperwork on all ends...the one that deciedes to hand write both addresses (both ours and theirs) and don't have ANY information inside as to who they are and what their order number is.

second...more directed at co-workers...
    Night shift...I'm kind enough to leave you stocked with tape, trash bags, smaller bags for the smaller items, plenty of trays stacked for holding said smaller items, the table and floor fiarly clear of packing peanuts, and the boxes I didn't get to process neatly stacked so all you have to do is log into the computer and start processing.
    I come in this morning...and what do I see? a HUGE tray full of processed items sitting under my table (full enough that it should of been sent down the line already), stuffed full trash bag, NO empty trash bags, no processing slips for problems, exchanges, or expired boxes, table COVERED in peanuts, and their computer STILL logged into their desktop.

third...directed at managers/supervisors/line runners...
    we are in a 10,000+ square foot section of the building...there are boxes all over the place...you standing in the middle of us and talking in quiet tones...then asking in a louder voice if anyone has questions or comments...DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GOOD TALKER!!! WE CAN"T HEAR YOU!!!!

fourth...again directed at co-workers, but more at the ones on my shift...
    Clean up starts at 5:05pm EST...that does NOT mean you start blowing the peanuts from your section into the area we JUST finished sweeping and cleaning at 5:22pm (we are supposed to be done and leaving at 5:30)...while at the same time giving us the "how dare you tell me not to clean" look while we have to wait for you to finish, then go else where to clean more instead of helping clean up the mess you made...ugh ><

fifth...directed at the new coworkers...ones that started at the same time I did...
    I understand that we are new...but the only way you are gonna learn is to get on your own damn chute and start doing it yourself, not with someone whos been there for YEARS holding your hand through the process...look at me...less then 3 full weeks on the job...spent the better part of a week and a half ALONG with you...over in packing...and my numbers are still better then yours.

sixth...again at supervisor...
    don't write me up for being 20 minutes late because of a train, when half the others were also late because of the same reason...

Thats it for now...I'm DEAD tired and can't wait till friday...3 DAY WEEKEND!
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    sixth...again at supervisor...
    don't write me up for being 20 minutes late because of a train, when half the others were also late because of the same reason...

Had a supervisor that done the same thing. He was new to the place. Well there is always a train the would stop right there. He stopped after a week. And our write ups went out the window
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

now i realize this is a rant but have you talked to your supervisor about the night shift leaving things a mess? After you've cleaned for the night but before you leave pull your supervisor over to ask a question or something (i doesn't have to be real important just make sure he's over there and semi-notices how clean it is. DON'T MENTION IT THOUGH) the next morning when your area looks like shit talk to your supervisor , let him look at mess and mention that its taking you x amount of time each morning to clean up after them. he should realize that time you're cleaning could be spent working and make them clean up.

Comment

Working...
      X