This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Don't Like It......

As you all know the hotel I work at has changed owners. We had a lady that was a friend of the old owner who was penciled in but not officially reserved. We call her that day to confirm and give her the price, then this conversation occured.

NO-New Owner
    OOF-Old Owner 's Friend

NO:Okay the price will be 189
    OOF: No that price is too high Old Owner usually charges me 100
    NO: Well the hotel is under new ownership but I can offer you 159
    OOF: I am Old Owner's friend that is too high.
    NO: That's the best I can offer it is Labor Day Weekend
    OOF: That's too high I'm going somewhere else

Somewhere else on a holiday at the last minute and you expect to get a cheaper rate. Plus you turned down a discounted rate to boot. Good luck, I wonder how many more "friends" of the owner will come out of the woodwork once word gets around that there are new owners.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

I love how people assume that the old owners did it, so you guys have to as well.
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
      I love how people assume that the old owners did it, so you guys have to as well.
      That could easily be applied to the staff as well. Tragically, I've seen it happen.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
        Lets look at this logically for a moment. Old Owner gave a very heavy discount on rooms to friends regularly enough that they feel entitled to it now. Old Owner is now called Old Owner because they had to sell the business. Could it have been because Old Owner gave so many deep discounts?

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
          Lets look at this logically for a moment. Old Owner gave a very heavy discount on rooms to friends regularly enough that they feel entitled to it now. Old Owner is now called Old Owner because they had to sell the business. Could it have been because Old Owner gave so many deep discounts?
          Well, that makes sense to US, because we're logical. Some customers, on the other hand...
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X