This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Letter Words and Coffee

So yesterday I started my shift at the national florist with a bunch old batch of 'Fuck You' in my coffee.

FB - Funeral Bitch, demander of things impossible and yesterday's SC
    Me - Me obviously, amazed by the entitlement issues of this one.

Me: Thank you for calling blah-blah-blah, my name is blag, how may I help you?
    FB: Yeah, you're supposed to deliver flowers I ordered and paid for late last night within the hour and I want to change the florist...
    Me (I don't even wait for her to finish, I cut her off here..) : Ma'am, if they are supposed to be delivered within the hour it means they are already out on the truck.
    FB: But the funeral director says that the other florist is the best in town and they can get them here in minutes..

I cut her off again because again she starts rambling and talking all sorts of weird entitlement crap about she paid her money and we should accommodate her.

Me: Ma'am, we cannot make ANY changes to the orders on the day that they go out. I know that the rep told you this last night because...

She cuts me off right there and gets very shirty with me..

FB: You're not listening to me. I SAID I AM THE CUSTOMER AND I WANT TO MAKE A CHA...
    Me: Ma'am you were told last night that there can be no changes made to the order after it was submitted because of the short turn around times. We cannot change florists after the order has gone out.
    FB: How dare you treat me like this!!! I am a regular customer of blah-blah-blah and I PAID EXTRY to get this out. I demand service.

Lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse repeat...

FB: You keep talking over me and cutting me off when I try to explain..you are so rude I'm going to get you fired. What is your full name and your employee number?
    Me: Ma'am I've been attempting to explain to you that I cannot honor your request because it violates our policy. I told you my name at the beginning of the call and I am not giving you my last name or any sort of number.
    FB: FUCK YOL FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!
    Click...

So I'm most senior on the floor so my phone rings first on Saturdays. Rings again and it's her....

Me: Thank you for calling blah-blah-blah, this is blah, how may I help you?
    FB: Isn't that fucking special I get your stupid whore ass again...

Lather, rinse, repeat, lather,rinse repeat... blah blah...

Get a grip people it's just flowers not world peace or gold bullion we're talking about
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Quoth calulu View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat, lather,rinse repeat... blah blah...
    There would've been no repeating on this one - as soon as I heard the insult she would've heard a *click*
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      There would've been no repeating on this one - as soon as I heard the insult she would've heard a *click*
      I second that!

Who the fuck do people think they are anyway to talk to others like that?
      I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
        Who the fuck do people think they are anyway to talk to others like that?
        They're the customer, that's who. They paid monies, and that entitles them to whatever ridiculous demands they can think of.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Thirded, by the way.

Can you get her banned, by chance? Or does she have to insult everyone in a ten mile radius first?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well some people grieve angrily.
            "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

Comment

4th..ed...ded....thing
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                FB: You keep talking over me and cutting me off when I try to explain..you are so rude I'm going to get you fired. What is your full name and your employee number?
                Me: Ma'am I've been attempting to explain to you that I cannot honor your request because it violates our policy. I told you my name at the beginning of the call and I am not giving you my last name or any sort of number.
                FB: FUCK YOL FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!
                Click...

So I'm most senior on the floor so my phone rings first on Saturdays. Rings again and it's her....

I would've hung up on FB RIGHT after that with no problem.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh, I did hang up on her immediately each time she called back. Unforch each time counts against my sales total for the day.

Comment

If a cust. swears at me, etc, they get 1 warning. After that I hang up.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                      They're the customer, that's who. They paid monies, and that entitles them to whatever ridiculous demands they can think of.
                      She didn't just pay money. She PAID EXTRY!

I won't insult people directly. But, I will get quite foul with management if they're screwing me over. I give companies many opportunities to correct mistakes on THEIR part. After those opportunities run out ... my inner sailor comes out.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Add my vote to the "hanging up on the witch" group.

Now just so I'm clear. She was asking if she could change to a competitor? As in, cancel her currently assembled and existing order that was on the truck being delivered within the hour? That's a 100% percent cancellation charge right there.

Now it begs to wonder...if the so-called funeral director told her another place was better, that means 1) The funeral director made mention of the competitor in passing, which the FB translated to "they're the best of the best and can deliver within MINUTES" 2) The woman lied or 3) The competitor is owned by a family member of funeral director. Take your pick.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

She knew we were basically a middle man, wiring the order out, and she wanted us to only use the florist she was requesting. That might be possible in rare instances but not this time because the flowers were already loaded up on the florists delivery van and mere minutes away from her. It would be like me standing in line at Burger King, ordering a custom whopper and when the clerk was handing it over suddenly demanding they run down to McDonalds and switch the whopper for a big mac. Just. Not. Done.

The EXTRY she paid was to guarantee a delivery by the 10 am funeral time and didn't entitle her to anything beyond first thing in the morning delivery before the funeral. Flowers on the truck minutes away it's too late to even cancel much less make a major change. She wanted to change the card message too, not wanting to understand if it's on the truck it's too damn late.

Comment

Would it not be possible to refund her and ban her from ordering again? No amount of money is worth that kind of abuse.
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Probably can't refund her when it's on the truck, but at the very least banning her wouldn't be the worst idea. Especially after she kept bitching at you.

Can you get your boss to fix it so it doesn't count against you somehow?
                              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X