This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was my co-worker the SC?

I had finished my shift on the checkouts and was counting my till, as per usual. My closed sign was up, and there were trollies blocking my register to prevent customers going in and out. OK, so clearly, I was closed.

Anyway, my co-worker wanted to buy something, and for some reason she was waiting at my register (remember, it was really really obvious that I was closed). She kept standing there until I said,"I'm closed". Her response? "That's nice". But she kept on standing there!

So I just kept on counting the register, fully aware that there were other people lining up behind her thinking I was open. I finished counting then left my register.

My supervisor growled at me for "not telling them I was closed". I replied that I did tell them I was closed, but they lined up anyway. She ended up serving them.

I dunno what the deal was there ...
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

--

Alas! Your co-worker has fallen ill to false teachings. Her once brilliant mind betrays her now as it betrays you. You must bring her into allignment with her spirit once again. So, kill her - that should do it.

Joking apart, next time and, if possible, stop the counting, pull your co-worker out of earshot from the clients and explain the situation to her. A sensible co-worker should realise the problem in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Maybe. Maybe not. Definitely maybe.

Comment

So, um, what the hell was she standing there for? Was gravity not working right there and she needed to hold the floor down? And why didn't she tell the people lining up behind her that you were closed?
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Co-worker was definitely overstepping her boundaries. I mean, you told her you were closed. She needed to get over herself.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

She WAS (is?) an SC, because she fell prey to the belief that a being told that a register is CLOSED does NOT apply to her entitled self.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Alas, too many people are falling victim to the tactics of a SC. I guess being around them all day and seeing how they get their way no matter what, is starting to rub off.

In the coming SC War of 2268, the great Customer Service Armada of mechs shall put an end to such suckiness.

Comment

Major SC. Most SCs, on being told you're closed, would whine about "but I'm in a hurryyyyy" or demand "You have to serve me!". But to just say "that's nice"?? Most people realise what they want is unusual and that's why they whine for it. Her attitude was "this is normal" and she expected to be served anyway, without even so much as asking.

Comment

I guess that being a 'co-worker' means that they get special treatment.
                Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

I'm glad you didn't give in and help her.
                  Never give in!
                  WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
                  X