This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random numbas

No thats not a typo. Today I had to put up with a rather annoying welfairie, (as if there were any other customers at a Welfare office ). Anyways I get a call from this welfairie.
    "This is Ringtail."
    "You my case worka?" I can tell this gonna be loads of fun right away,
    "No, I'm not..."
    "How you know? I didn't tell you who the f*** I am!" yup, loads of fun,
    "I don't have clients, I work in the print room."
    "I needs my case worka! I'm just dialin random numbas till I finds it!" hmm, wonder if she started with 111-1111?
    "Uh huh, I'll transfer you to the message desk." I just hung up on her instead, she shouldn't have been cussing and yelling anyways.

I was hoping that would be the end of that but about fifteen minutes later she called back. Unfortunately I don't have caller ID, and I can't exactly ignore my calls either because I normally deal with vendors and network administrators.
    "This my case worka!" didn't even give me a chance to start,
    "No, this is the print room." unfortunately for me,
    "Gets me my f****** case worka! I needs my f****** check! It's f****** late again!"
    "Uh huh, I'll transfer you." she starts going on again but hang up on her.
    She calls back several more times throughout the day, apparently she did his to quite a few other workers. They get the luxury of caller ID though. Ah, fun times serving the public, makes me wonder why there's bullet-proof glass in reception and interview rooms.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

HAH! anybody remember that Family Guy episode? 111-1111, damn! 111-1112, damn!

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
      867-5309?
      No! Damn you, Tommy Two-Tone!
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        867-5309?
        YES!!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          867-5309?

Awesome!

Anyways, back to the main topic...

It's funny how people think that being a belligerent ass will get them what they want. You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar....

-BusBus
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
            "I needs my case worka! I'm just dialin random numbas till I finds it!"
            SC: "Gets me my f****** case worka! I needs my f****** check! It's f****** late again!"

Me: "We sent it out to a random address. Didn't you get it?"

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
              That's what popped into my head when she said random "numbas".
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                SC: "Gets me my f****** case worka! I needs my f****** check! It's f****** late again!"

Me: "We sent it out to a random address. Didn't you get it?"

I wish I'd thought of that!!!!!!!!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                  You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar....
                  Aha! Maybe Vinegar Boy was trying to repel bees!

Back on topic:

We get folks who try dialing random extensions after we are closed in the hopes of getting someone to pick up the phone. It never works because our office is small. I've been watching the blinky red light on my phone and listening to my co-workers' phones taking turns ringing on their empty desks for the last five minutes. Now that my phone is ringing I know who it is...it's somebody I'm not talking to today.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X