Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something I shouldn't find in a box of books.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I shouldn't find in a box of books.

One downside to the used book business is the "Tuesday people"* They come in with boxes of books that I don't know where they came from. They are junk titles in horrible condition and usually have a bunch of other random crap in them.

Today was the words ever.

I take off the top layer of books to see if there is anything good underneath (It's a safe bet that there isn't but you never know), and what do I see?...

If you're squeamish, go away.
    Seriously, It's gross.
    You asked for it.
    A used tampon.

Naturally I refused to go through any more of their books.

*Me and the girl who works Thursdays argue about who goes through the most junk.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Ew....just ew....

Comment

Ew. I was expecting mildew, termites, black widow spiders, but that was just, just

Congratulations. Of all the gross and disgusting stories told on this forum, your story is the first one that has earned the puke smiley from me.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

GAH!!! My brain exploded. What in the world? How did it ... ? Why did they ... ? Do I even want to know?

I need more of this:

Comment

Ugh... why would someone do that? That's just wrong on so many levels.
          "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Guess we know where those books were stored though, huh?

Comment

And that sort of thing, dear friends, is why libraries aren't falling all over themselves with gratitude when her heirs show up with a box they found in Aunt Talulah's attic.

Seriously, that's the worst I've heard. However, we once received a gift that came close. The books were delivered in shopping bags. One bag also contained used kleenex.
              Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

ew......I think I'm gonna puke,....Seriously, how did that even travel outside a restroom? Nevermind, I REALLY don't want to know the answer to that...
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                  I take off the top layer of books to see if there is anything good underneath (It's a safe bet that there isn't but you never know), and what do I see?...
                  Oh, God! Why would anybody want to keep those around?

Actually, don't answer that question...
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

A USED tampon in a box full of books?!!!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                      *Me and the girl who works Thursdays argue about who goes through the most junk.
                      So ... does this count??? Are .. are you the winner??

I can foresee the poor puke smiley getting overused in this thread ... poor little guy, he's gonna need a day of rest after this one!

This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

The wrongness of that is just.. Please pass the
                        I can still picture it
                        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Bloody hell!

sorry, couldn't resist
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Wait...people sell back their books?

<looks at his bookshelves with books all the way back to grade school>

Sorry, can't picture it.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Wow, I'm guessing it was placed there to get a reaction. After seeing some of the stuff I've seen I wouldn't put it past anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X