Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between a cable box and a television...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between a cable box and a television...

"My cable box ain't working"
    "Hmm, your account doesn't show any cable boxes."
    "Wha? This is (company), ain't it?"
    "Yes."
    "Yeah. My cable box ain't working."
    "Mmm what do you mean by your cable box?"
    "The box with the pictures on it! You give me pictures, right?"
    "....we do give you television service, but a TELEVISION is different than a CABLE box."
    "But it's a box with a cable comin' from outside! It ain't showin my pictures!"
    "Oookay, we'll have to schedule a technician since you only have analog service."
    /schedule, blah blah blah, I ended the call with:
    "And just to let you know, we do have more channels available in that area. You could even get a REAL cable box!"

I had a cust call in convinced that we had a malicious tech turning her television set off and on from our local office. Not her cable box, her actual television. She said she would call back during business hours and complain to management when I told her that wasn't possible and I was the only person who had touched her account in the last month.

I had a customer who was "7 into my 12 pack of Coor's Light" and kept hitting on me. Normally I would cut it off but he was very, very drunk and making me laugh (at him.) Favorite quote: "Come move in with me, I got a good job, a good car, and a good tv we can watch Nascar on!"

I also had a call from a lawyer trying to do a business transaction at 3:30a with her residential account. I told her we had a maintenance outage in the area and she went completely crazy. She told me how it's completely illegal for us to shut off services without notifying customers first and then demanded a supervisor. When I told her we didn't have one available she somehow translated that into "my coworkers and I have never had supervision at this company" and went off on an even crazier rant of how she is a corporate lawyer who is going to destroy my company. "You're going to lose your job for this, kid." was my favorite line.

Then there was the Chinese customer whose entire computer was in Chinese. She was really awesome about it and we had a fun adventure trying to figure out exactly how everything was translated into Chinese.

Quoth Anriana View Post
    I had a customer who was "7 into my 12 pack of Coor's Light" and kept hitting on me. Normally I would cut it off but he was very, very drunk and making me laugh (at him.) Favorite quote: "Come move in with me, I got a good job, a good car, and a good tv we can watch Nascar on!"
    YEEEEEEEEEE HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!!! Aw hell, where does this fine specimen of man live, maybe I could take up that offer.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
      I had a cust call in convinced that we had a malicious tech turning her television set off and on from our local office. Not her cable box, her actual television. She said she would call back during business hours and complain to management when I told her that wasn't possible and I was the only person who had touched her account in the last month.
      We had a similiar problem in my house. The upstairs tv kept changing channels randomly, and even turning itself on and off. Which could get pretty creepy when you're alone in the room and the tv turns itself on for no reason. We'd change it back/turn it on or off again, no problems, but we couldn't figure out what was causing it...until one football Sunday, the tv kept flicking back and forth between two football games. The light dawns! It turned out that the downstairs remote hadn't been set properly or some gibberish, and was transmitting its signal to both tvs. The upstairs remote was only transmitting its signal to the upstairs tv. We reset the downstairs remote and the problem was solved.
      "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Favorite quote: "Come move in with me, I got a good job, a good car, and a good tv we can watch Nascar on!"
        sounds like a spanking fine specimen of manhood from the redneck crackerbox that i (unfortunately) hail from.

one of the many reasons why i left. i has a good job; hell, i don't even need foodstamps anymore, honey; let's watch nascar, drink a beer and get busy.

yeee..no.

gotta love the technologically challenged, yes we do.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
          "You're going to lose your job for this, kid." was my favorite line.
          I've never understood the level of vindictiveness people have. "I'm mildly inconvenienced, so I'm going to make you lose your livelihood. Geez.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
            When I told her we didn't have one available she somehow translated that into "my coworkers and I have never had supervision at this company" and went off on an even crazier rant of how she is a corporate lawyer who is going to destroy my company.
            Ah, the corporate lawyers. I've only encountered one of them, but I'll laugh about him forever. You see, he took a nap on his laptop and shattered the screen. He demanded we replace it because I didn't warn him about the damage that could be caused by sleeping on it. In fact, he proclaimed to management about his corporate lawyer status and "officially put us on notice" that we had to make signs warning customers that sleeping on computers can cause them to break and is not covered by normal manufacturer's warranties.

No such signs exist, but I make sure to tell many of my customers: "Now, this is a pretty good computer here, but the screen is kinda thin, so just don't use it as a pillow like one guy did." It gets a laugh every time.
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
              "Come move in with me, I got a good job, a good car, and a good tv we can watch Nascar on!"
              Oh be still my racing heart, Romeo! Throw in a bag of Funyuns or some Pringles and you've got yourself a deal!
              "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Quoth Anriana;312074I
                Favorite quote: "Come move in with me, I got a good job, a good car, and a good tv we can watch Nascar on!"

Hold out for the Dale Earnhardt memorial glasses and novelty wall-mounted singing bass.
                "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

Comment

I only had one run in with a lawyer who was an ACLU member. He told me that BY LAW if he didn't want to swipe his card to pay he didn't have to. We had a good 5 minute argument between him myself and the GM. Eventually he left saying he would sue us for violating his "civil rights."

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    I only had one run in with a lawyer who was an ACLU member. He told me that BY LAW if he didn't want to swipe his card to pay he didn't have to. We had a good 5 minute argument between him myself and the GM. Eventually he left saying he would sue us for violating his "civil rights."

so wait having to swipe ones credit card to pay = violation of civil rights? Granted I am absolutely useless at math but again
                    Yes- I'm the supervisor today
                    Yes I'm young
                    Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
                      For some reason this reminds me of a customer my boyfriend had. She was convinced that aliens had hacked her computer, and now it only connected to an extraterrestrial internet. LOL To bad he couldn't help her.
                      wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                      ----
                      Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
                        Let me guess; his name is Earl?!?
                        "Sir, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick one hundred percent of your ass!" - "Brad Hamilton", Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
                          and now it only connected to an extraterrestrial internet.
                          That sounds cool. How do I get connected? The Earth internet is so limited.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

HawaiianShirts, I remember that story.

Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X