• Show
Clear All

• I shut down a SC as another customer

SO today was.. interesting I was at the local game shop when this went down

W: Cashier on duty
    MGR: Manager
    SC: Sucky Customer
    ME: Dead Sexy

I watch a lady come in with her 5 year old and let him picked a used game for PS2. I immediately notice he goes for Manhunt 2, for you nongamer you spend most of the game killing security guards with various household items in gruesome details. Mommy dearest takes it to the register to ring it up... and heres where it gets sucky.

W: Ma'am I noticed you are buyign this for your child but i must warn you its not appropiate for small children, although i can't bar you buying it, I must advise against it.

SC: Well, I'm sure its fine I'll buy it anyway *pays and leaves*

Me: she'll be back so i'm gonna hang out in the corner and watch *flips on his Gameboy and plays some zelda for the next hour*

SC type returns furious

SC: WHY DID YOU SELL THIS TO ME!! THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR MY CHILD I WANT A REFUND!
    W: Ma'am, i advised you when you purcased this it was not suitable for a small child so the best i can do for you is give you trade-in credit on it.
    SC: (seeing this isn't going her way demands a manager)
    MGR: Can I help you ma'am?
    SC: (still yelling) I want this man fired he told me this game would be ok for my child and it most certainly is not!
    ME and W:

This is where i step in even before the manager can respond

Me: sorry to interrupt but I was here when you bought that game and i distinctly remember this man (pointing at W) telling you in no uncertain terms that this is NOT a game a 5 year old should be playing.

SC: (glares at me with death glare)
    MGR and W: (at me) and (at SC)
    MGR: alright if you still want to get some money off your game trade it in for cash value now your not shopping at this store anymore.
    SC: (looks likes she about to )

In the aftermath i managed to get a 5 dollar giftcard because is saved the manager alot of bickering according to him.

Sorry if the post format is crap i'm still horrible at figuring out how to block text for the easiest reading
    Last edited by Ree; 04-28-2008, 12:35 AM. Reason: fixed an incorrect smiley tag

Dude, that was awesome!
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I thought it was its just a shame i can't do tha tmore often there really aren't assholes in this town so i can shut down asshats like this one more often

Comment

Cyphr I think I love you...that was absolutly awesome

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
          I thought it was its just a shame i can't do tha tmore often there really aren't assholes in this town so i can shut down asshats like this one more often
          *Pats* Maybe someday I can ship you all the SCs I had when I worked in the Dollar Tree.

Comment

please do i'm going back into the workforce soon and i need something to brigthen up my day

Comment

*Whoops and hollers*

I got a lady who was trying to get me fired since Day 1 (literally), I got a really nice lady-preacher who wouldn't shut up (she wanted me to go to her HOUSE to meet with a GROUP of kids for some sort of discussion meeting.....I'd never met her before in my life), a very nice man who picked on me CONSTANTLY (Dude, you are aware you just called a BOY a BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY, right?), and the Florida teachers. You can keep the Florida teachers. Please. In fact, you can keep all the teachers who thought I was a total moron just because I was homeschooled.

You can keep the foreign lady who let her kid PEE ON MY CARPET AND LAUGH ABOUT IT. The various people who want to cash checks without ID. The young 20-somethings who tore up my store and wasted Silly String. The young ladies with the couture clothing and sunglasses that cost more than what I made in a month. The girl who told me being gay was WRONG. The lady who told me and my 2nd AM that Bush and everyone in the White House were Queer (that was really funny, actually). And the one nice kid from the Job Corp. who wouldn't shut up when I told him why I pretended to be dumb (it's because I like the look of SHOCK when someone learns that actually I'm NOT a total nimrod).

You can't, however, have the nice motorcycle people because for some reason they love me to bits. I have their business cards.

Comment

You rock, Cyphr.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I bow down to you!

I am always glad to see SCs get put in their place!
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Cyphr, I Adore you.

The nice thing about a customer standing up for an employee is that no matter what happens, a customer cannot get fired or get in trouble. But they can bring trouble to an SC.

We need more people like you out there who have a pair and are willing to lash out with their tongue to aid helpless employees.
                    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

You Rock!!

Please keep up the good work, wherever SC's are found.
                      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Tireana Dorcha View Post
                        Cyphr I think I love you...that was absolutly awesome
                        I second this! Had people try and return a game becuase its to hard for their five year old. Even though the box says 12+ I undersatand you think that your child is gifted but ask to see the instruction book or ask a worker please!

Comment

I can understand people think their child is gifted but i think its more of the fact she didnt even look at the box it was more "Mommy I want this one" "okay" ::flip onto counter without even reading it and obviously have no regard for the cashier:: I asked the manager what he would have done if she hadn't been ranting as she entered and flatout lied - he said if she hadn't yelled W would have given full credit for an exchange if she had just asked to return because he was right in the first place..

as they say you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

unless thair fruit flies in which case basalamic vinegar gets more http://www.xkcd.com/357/

Comment

Cheers to you, Cyphyr!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Props to that manager for giving you a gift card for helping out and even better props to you for helping out.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X