This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wanna test that theory, old man?

Every so often, I get sexist/ageist remarks from customers along the lines of "That's too heavy for you/You're a girl, you shouldn't be doing this/you're too young for this", etc. It pisses me off, but it comes with the territory. Some people just can't see past what's right in front of their face. That's fine, their problem.

But then there's this guy. I'm pushing a stack of carts up to the corral, and this old guy comes walking out of the store. He passes me as I'm getting the carts up the front ramp, and tells me, in a tone best directed at a five-year-old, "Oh, you're too little to be pushing those heavy things all the time."

I stop. I blink. 'Scuse me? I am 16, but constantly mistaken for early 20s. I'm a little shy of 5'3", but built like I should be about 6'. I've got more muscle on me than some of my male co-workers. I weigh much more than a normal girl of my height, but it's not even much fat. I'm just solid. The point is, though, "little" is NOT typically the word people choose to describe me. (People who know me, of course, know that calling me anything like that will get their skull caved in. )

I seriously doubt that old geezer could push the cart stack that I had without getting some kind of hernia. On the other hand, I have no trouble with it at all. So I'm little, you old sack? Wanna test that?
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Release your hold on the carts.
    "You want a shot, old man?"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

How I wish I'd done that. Unfortunately, I don't have the cojones when it comes to customers.

...Yet.
      Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

I notice Mister Concerned didn't offer to push the carts for you. Shame on him, since it's so obviously a man's job.

Comment

Just mention the Canadian Women's Hockey team to him. Those women play to the point of borderline criminal assault! I've seen reports from the enforcers in the NHL being scared of them!
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

As I've said before, Women are evil, and small women are Concentrated Evil
            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

personally, i enjoy being a dose of concentrated evil; it catches them off guard!
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

My mum always says
                "Good things come in small packages...and so does arsenic".
                Shes 5' 1/2" and lovely, but she has a core of steel
                "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

What I find hilarious are the 6'2 and taller, teenaged troglodytes getting dragged out of the mall by a 5'1 female security guard.

For some reason they always seem to say "And what'is a little girl like you gonna do about it huh?"

That's the point where they find out that the left knee being placed in the right ear is a poor fit at best.

Mongo
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                  X