X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am afraid I may have been a SC today

A little background first.

Today is my oldest daughter's Senior Prom. Two months ago she went with her boyfriend to the local florist to order her coursage and his boutineer (sp). When they ordered them they went ahead and prepaid for them. They set up plans to meet at the local park that overlooks the river at 4:00 to have their pictures taken (his parents are divorced and his step-father would not let his Dad come there to take pictures). The time of the meeting is very important.

This morning at 10:00 am (the time they were given) she stopped in to pich up her order. They told her that the delivery truck from the main location had not gotten there yet, but it will be there by noon. We went to her hair appointment and stopped back a little past noon only to be told that it would be there at 2:00.

A little before 2:00 I picked up our youngest daugher's friend and dropped them off at the mall and stopped in to pick up the order. I am informed that they had gotten all of their orders in, but her order was not there. That is when I became a SC. I demanded that they call the main store and get her order to their location before 3:30. Come to find out, they had sent it to the wrong location and located it.

That's a good reason to be an SC. At least I think so.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I dunno...sounds like they were giving you a bit of a runaround...

But the good part is she got her flowers, right?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When we stopped at 3:30 she went in (in her prom gown) and they were there. She was so beautiful tonight. The Prom started about 5 minutes ago. I can not wait until she gets home tonight to hear how Prom went.

Comment

Post pictures of her dress!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Once she gets home with the camera. Here is the link to her dress.

http://www.cbslimited.com/prom-dress...m_flash-L84467

Comment

O.O Wow! I'm beginning to wish I wore something that nice to prom!

Comment

My prom date wore a simple Indian-inspired dress to our prom. She was gorgeous.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

That's pretty! Mine was a very light pink sleeveless dress with silver stitching all over the dress (no poofiness) and it had a matching shawl. I don't think you were an SC at all, they messed up and you did what you had to do to make them fix it (sans the suckiness).
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

PRETTY!

I wish I had been able to get something good for my senior prom. But the dress from junior prom worked just as well.

Comment

Sparkly!

My senior prom dress...*sigh* it was pink with sparklies in flower patterns and a big poofy skirt and spaghetti straps. I felt like a pretty pretty princess!!! (Of course, it was also frickin tiny and that thought makes me a sad panda.)
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

She has made it home safely and I have taken her over to her best friends for their after prom party. They left the prom early so they could help her friend's Mom set up for the party. I heard on the news just before she pulled in the driveway it was on the news that a bomb threat was just called into her prom.

Comment

Awww that dress is beautiful, now i'm sad i never went to my prom.
                          I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                            A little before 2:00 I picked up our youngest daugher's friend and dropped them off at the mall and stopped in to pick up the order. I am informed that they had gotten all of their orders in, but her order was not there. That is when I became a SC. I demanded that they call the main store and get her order to their location before 3:30. Come to find out, they had sent it to the wrong location and located it.
                            Now just wait.

Your child made a contract with these people- specific flowers would be made available, and money was paid. Come time, there was no product. Ok, fine, entropy happens, new time set. Still nothing. Chaos sucks, new time set, still nothing.

How does being highly unhappy and insisting that contracted item be provided make you sucky??

Assuming you weren't a hosebeast about it, I think you were within your rights. The florist screwed up. I trust you got an apology, and I bet you may never use them again.

lovely dress!!

Comment

I just told them that if they were not there by 3:30 I would call their boss (who I have known since 1st grade and is involved in the local community theater with my girls). I am still going to let her now what happened tomarrow. She said that when she went in they did apologize to her.

I had asked her not to use that florist, but to use the smaller florist closer to home. His Mom told them to use the main florist here in town and they listened to her.

They had a wonderful time (with the exception of the bomb threat).

Comment

Working...
                              X