X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid?...Thief?...Stupid Thief?

You decide...

As part of my job I do a lot of baking. We bake almost all of the bread and cookies you can buy from us. Well after the racks come out of the 400+ degree oven they are rolled over behind the coffee center, back where we brew the coffee to cool.

I baked a lot of cookies today, I rolled the rack into the back and went on with my sammich whore existence. I make it about half way across the store before I hear an angry yell and a string of curses. I'm sure you can all see where I'm going with this.

This guy had reached across the counter and grabbed this fresh from the over baking rack to try and get a cookie. His hand was a giant blister. All I could get out was "Dude...The fuck?" He stammered something about wanting fresh ones and ran out.

Ya know if he had stuck around i would have given him a cookie for the hell of it... and maybe some ice.
    My name is Leztwerp Its NOT Dollface Princess Angel Sweetheart Honey Baby or any thing else you can come up with. Theres a reason I have to wear this name tag please read it and follow it accordingly.

Both!

Wow, what an idiot. I used to use an 800 degree oven in the Bakery. Damn, that thing hurts.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I have scars across all the knuckles on my left hand because one of the racks jerked suddenly to the left when I was loading it. Cooked my skin clean off.
      My name is Leztwerp Its NOT Dollface Princess Angel Sweetheart Honey Baby or any thing else you can come up with. Theres a reason I have to wear this name tag please read it and follow it accordingly.

Comment

Ditto with my right arm, around the crook where my elbow is in the inside. The rack was tilting towards me and, stupidly, I continued to stand there until a very hot pan slid off and caught my arm.

My friends, who are all waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse, call it my Zombie bite.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The wheels on our racks we getting, well, stationary making them a PITA to move. We kept asking for new weeks to no avail. They finally replaced the wheels after on of my co-workers was loading a rack in the oven when one of the jammed wheels suddenly moved and sent the rack to the right, slamming their arm against the oven door. Said co-worker was luckily wearing long sleeves and was "only" out for a week, but amazingly the next day we got new wheels. A week later about they replace 95% of the racks. If they did that sooner they wouldn't have had to sell out thousand of dollars for co-workers injuries and potentially a lawsuit.

Comment

I had a pretty nice blister on my left hand when I learned the hard way that you do NOT touch anything under the hood of your car when the engine is warm from driving. But no, my stupid self had to put oil in right then and there and I couldn't be stealth and careful about it....I just had to go for it and grab that cap!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Automatic punishment. Is Karma really real? Neat.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I had a few scars from my grill slave days. Let's see....

Spatula burn on one hand when coworker accidentally hit me with the burger-flipping spatula right after pressing it to a nice hot patty on the grill.

Splatter-burns from bacon grease on the backs of my wrists (hands at least had latex gloves between them and the hot stuff).

a nice inch-long welt-burn on one elbow when coworker accidentally hit me with the fry basket fresh from the deep-fryer. Yee-owch. Bought some aloe gel for that one that very night (yay for the grill being part of a student convenience store).

And then there was the crushed thumb when I caught it in the door of one of the fridge-lockers. Split the thumbnail. But that wasn't a burn.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post

Splatter-burns from grease

That is what I have also. A couple of weeks ago, I was cooking and grease splattered right on me.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

at least all of your burns are work related

my lastest scar runs the inside of my middle finger, from getting my dinner from the microwave.....

shuddup!!!!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Scars from working food service and/or cooking at home:

- Every single joint of every finger has a horizontal burn scar from bumping into the oven rack.
                      - The back of my left hand has a quarter-sized burn scar from flying hot butter.
                      - My ribs on my right side have a scattering of burn scars from the time someone dropped something into hot lard, splashing it on me. I sort of threw up my arms and tried to lean away, so at least it hit my side and not my arms.
                      - About three inches below my left wrist(on the side, not near veins/arteries), there's a scar from the time I accidentally stabbed myself while trying to chop meat.
                      - Three burns on my right forearm and one on my left forearm from trying to reach over a hot dish and misjudging the distance(I have 20/200 vision in one eye and 20/80 in the other, so my depth perception is a little skewed).
                      - Three horizontal scars on the base of my left thumb from trying to catch hot plates/trays/pans/etc.
                      - The first joint of both my thumb and forefinger on my right hand are pretty much nothing but scars and burns from NUMEROUS accidents and Keanu-moments.

I've been cooking and baking since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, so this is almost 14 years of oopses. Some of those years I was working almost every single day in a kitchen, so while I am very clumsy, I am now allowed to use the big girl knives again!
                      "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
                      "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
                      X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

The women here would not know about this...

Never fry bacon without a shirt on.

That's all.

Just never do it.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                          my lastest scar runs the inside of my middle finger, from getting my dinner from the microwave.....

shuddup!!!!
                          I guess this means your avatar is correct - life is pain.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          My friends, who are all waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse, call it my Zombie bite.
                          Have you got an unquechable hunger for brains yet?

You have very cool friends.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                            The women here would not know about this...

Never fry bacon without a shirt on.

That's all.

Just never do it.
                            Okay, wait. I am a woman...who sometimes, in the privacy of her own home will cook while getting ready for my day - which means I can be mid-change while cooking. I know all to well about not cooking something greasy w/o a top on or with only a bra. Either way...not good.

Currently, I'm sporting a burn across the top side of my right wrist from the chicken I baked the other day. I hit the rack & my oven was only 350.

I've burned myself on fajita plates when working for Chili's. I worked for high end steakhouse, Sullivan's, for like two weeks and they kept their dinner plates in the oven and did "arm service"

The worse hot plate accident I ever saw involved a co-worker at chili's and a tray of fajita pans. He was walking to his table with said tray and an unattended child was cruising through the restaurant and knocked into him, to avoid having the tray fall on a small baby on the end of the table he moved so that he "caught" the brunt of the fall...big, hot, sizzling mess - but the baby was okay.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Try emptying an oven of food for the trolley at 35,000 feet. Luckily I haven't burnt myself yet BUT I have poured tea over my hand in turbulance.
                              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Working...
                              X