Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It'll take me awhile to figure this one out...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll take me awhile to figure this one out...

Caller: I tried ordering a PPV movie. Apparently I forgot my PIN, and after I tried some numbers, I started getting a message that my PIN is blocked.
    Me: Okay, I can unblock it and reset it. Since that takes a few minutes, I'll be happy to order whatever movie you want.
    Caller: I assume it'll be free...
    Me: Free?
    Caller: I deserve some sort of compensation.
    Me: You deserve compensation for forgetting your PIN?
    Caller: Yes. I missed the start of the movie.
    Me: You missed it because you forgot your PIN.
    Caller: I still missed it.
    Me: Because you forgot your PIN.
    Caller: I don't have time for this tonight. I'll call tomorrow and get the compensation I deserve.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Every inconvienince in their life is your fault.

She'd probably have tried to get something for free had she stubbed her toe on the way to her phone to call you.

Comment

Sounds like one of Phone Jockey's callers escaped from the nutbarn and called you.

Fantastic.
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
        Sounds like one of Phone Jockey's callers escaped from the nutbarn and called you.

Fantastic.
        I was thinking the same thing.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
          ...Apparently I forgot my PIN...
          Are we sure her pin isn't located above her neck between the shoulders?

So did you actually order the movie, or did she hang up and miss it?
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

yes, you'll get that compensation, allright; let's see, 50% off of NOTHING is...nothing, i believe. enjoy your show, that'll be $3.99 tacked onto your monthly bill; thanks for choosing us, and don't forget to write down your pin!
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post

So did you actually order the movie, or did she hang up and miss it?
              I ordered the movie, though she's utterly convinced she's going to get the charges waived on Monday. I'm equally convinced she's not. This is one I'm going to win.

I transfer out of customer service in just four more working days... and not a moment too soon.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

...They didn't have time to sit on the phone for a few minutes while you fixed it up, but yet had enough time to sit and watch a movie?
                Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                X