This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Noes! It scanned twice!

Ugh. Been a while since I've been on here, because I really haven't had much suck and I was dealing with some issues with management, which have all been taken care of and everything is back and happy like.

Anyway, the other day I was stuck on the GM side self checks, minding my own business (read: trying to stay awake) when a reciept is shoved under my nose. It took me a minute to register what was going on as I looked over to the man whose hand was waving this slip of paper in my face. He didn't say a word, and I didn't know what he needed so I sort of looked at the receipt and asked him if I could help him with anything. Suddenly he turned bright red and nearly screamed at me that I had charged him twice for his vacuum.

Um, excuse me, but that's why they are called "self check outs", I don't have one goddamn thing to do with your check out unless you ask me too, or you need approval. Ignoring this accusation I told him I was sorry, but he needed to go to Customer Service to get a refund. He demanded to know why I couldn't fix my mistake, to which I repeated that during the hours customer service was open, he needed to go up there so I could do my job at the selfchecks. He stormed off and muttered "great system you have there" or something. To which I muttered under my breath "not my fault you scanned your vacuum twice."

Who wouldn't notice their bill is 40$ higher than it should be? YOU BOUGHT THREE THINGS TOTAL!!!!

Anyway, to top it off CSM S came over and asked me if I was okay, apparently she just got a complaint that I was being really rude. The cool part is that she was just making sure I wasn't having a bad day or anything because like she said I'm one of the nicest cashiers we have, even on a bad day. Ugh.
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

What a dumbass. Surely you'd look at your total and notice that it's far too high. And what's the deal with him waving it at you and not saying anything?
    How were you supposed to react? "Oh, I'm so sorry that you're a braindead moron, sir, how may I take the blame for your ineptitude?"
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Of course, a SC is not going to take responsibility for scanning the vacuum twice. You made it do that and it is all your fault. People like that are the reason that I always wanted to end my correspondence to customers with "we apologize for your stupidity." After all, most of that correspondence was from idiots who caused the problem themselves and were demanding an apology. IMO that was the only apology they were entitled to.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
        "Oh, I'm so sorry that you're a braindead moron, sir, how may I take the blame for your ineptitude?"
        Oh my God, can I steal that?

Comment

Working...
        X