This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey... I know that guy.

Over the last couple of years I'd had this middle-aged guy and his porky middle-aged girlfriend bring some items in to sell on Ebay. Usually chincy crap. And when I would tell them that it wasn't worth selling, all I heard was "PLEASE, C, PLEASE try to sell it?" And so forth. And then if something sold, they would whine (mainly the woman, but he sometimes got in on the act) about how they needed us to take a lower percentage and such. I hate whiners.

Anyway, after a while I told them we weren't selling stuff on Ebay any more (we still were, I just didn't want their crappy business) and they left me alone for a while.

In our town we have a local weekly newspaper that serves the surrounding 6 or 7 towns. I read it every week to see what's going on locally, but I especially love the police blotter.

I pick up the local paper about a year ago and read about an attempted break-in and burglery. Seems some guy snuck into a woman's house through an unlocked kitchen window and was going through her stuff when she came home. He bolted out the back door but she recognized the guy as a neighbor and called the cops.

The fuzz tracked the guy back to the row home he lived in. And there was my customer's name, as big and bright as could be. So unless a guy with the same name lived on the same block, there wasn't a doubt who it was. Well, the heat came down on the guy and they searched the row home, finding a couple of bags of crack and some pills. So the CS went away to jail for a few months and the girlfriend pretty much had to fend for herself for a while. I had always suspected they were on something based on their behavior and such, now it was confirmed.

Finally started seeing the guy around town again a few months ago. For his own sake, I hope he's cut out the drugs.

Make syou wonder how much of what he brought you to sell was stolen from neighbors and other people. And then, how much of that money was used for said drugs.

eBay, the world's pawn shop

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

When people are desparate for money to buy drugs - you'd be amazed at the things they'll try to "sell". During my first year of being clean, I lived in a 3/4 way house with other people in recovery. There was a girl I lived with who used to sling crack and she said one time someone came to her with 3 dollars and a used shower curtain rod thinking that it held some sort of value.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
        eBay, the world's pawn shop
        So true. It amazes me what people do just out of sheer desperation just to get some cash...and it's not always about getting their fix of whatever drug of choice.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X