Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC Super Villains (3 Tales of Me vs Evil)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Super Villains (3 Tales of Me vs Evil)

Okay, so they're not really "super" or "villains." I just think I came up with clever villainous names for them.

I got called in early yesterday to cover for the girl who was supposed to be answering the phones. I didn't mind. I needed the hours, and working the phones is pretty easy. It does generate some aggravating callers, though.

Angry Fridge Man
    This guy came in on Monday and bought a fridge. Expecting it to come to the store with our normal deliveries on Tuesday, a delivery was scheduled for Wednesday. Somehow, the fridge didn't show up with our deliveries, but the warehouse people figured out where it was. Someone called the customer, told him the story, and rescheduled the delivery for Friday.

Friday morning, I pick up the phone.
    AFM: Can I speak to someone in Appliances, please?
    Me: One moment. (checks Appliances) I'm sorry, they're all with customers at the moment. Is this something I might help you with?
    AFM: (tells me the backstory) And, frankly, I'm not very happy about it.
    Me: I see how that might be frustrating, but it sounds like you're going to get the fridge today.
    AFM: But I SHOULD have had it two days ago!
    Me: True. I can see if management is willing to offer a discount or gift card or something of that nature, but we don't have much power over when products get to our store.
    AFM: Look! I should have had that fridge two days ago! I'm not happy with your service, and I think we're just going to return it!
    Me: You're welcome to do that if you feel you need to, sir.
    AFM: I want to talk to your manager!

So I handed him off to the MOD. I'm afraid I never learned the outcome. I got busy, and that manager left before I could talk to him again. Apparently, though, this guy agreed to the later delivery when our store's inventory guys called him, but suddenly decided that we needed to bend space and time to get his fridge to him two days ago, even though it was due to show up in a few hours anyway.

Awkward Silence Kid
    I'm still on the phones.

Me: (opening lines)
    ASK: Hi.
    Me: Good morning.
    ASK: ...
    Me: ...
    Me: What can I do for you today?
    ASK: Um, do you have any Wiis?
    Me: No, I'm sorry, we don't.
    Me: We might be getting some Friday next week, so you could try calling back then.
    ASK: 'Kay.
    Me: Is there anything else I can do for you?
    ASK: No.
    Me: Okay, well you have a good day then. Bye.
    Me: *click*

Is this his first time calling a business? Or was he trying to use some sort of super mental powers to make a Wii suddenly appear, available for him to purchase, forcing me to answer his questions affirmatively?

Captain Sees-What-He-Wants-to-See

It was delivery night, and I get to help unload the truck. I rather enjoy that task, actually. It's a change of pace for me, and I get a great workout. We usually stack products in the various departments and let the employees working in each department put them away. All the stuff got unloaded and stacked, so I went to work putting stuff away in Computers, since that's where I usually work anyway.

We have several notebook computers on display in the same aisle where the stacks of monitors are usually dropped off on truck nights. If we're sold out of a particular notebook, we put a "Temporarily Sold Out" tag over it's price. Well, Captain SWHWS was looking at a sold-out HP notebook. Near him was a stack of 17" HP Monitors. As I walked past to put those monitors away, he stopped me.

Captain SWHWS: Hey, can you help me?
    Me: I can try.
    Captain SWHWS: I'm here to buy one of those. (points at stack of monitors)
    Me: You need a monitor?
    Captain SWHWS: What? No! One of THOSE! (points at stack of monitors)
    Me: Those are 17-inch LCD monitors.
    Captain SWHWS: No, they're not. I want this laptop. (points at sold-out HP)
    Me: I'm sorry, but we're sold out.
    Captain SWHWS: Yoooou arrrre nnnnot.
    Me: Yes, we are. We sold the last one yesterday, and it's now backordered until almost two weeks from now.
    Captain SWHWS: (condescendingly) Really.
    Me: Really.
    Captain SWHWS: (triumphantly) Then what the h*** are THOSE? (points at stack of monitors)
    Me: They're Hewlett-Packard Liquid Crystal Display monitors. 17-inch widescreens, to be exact.
    Captain SWHWS: (only slightly less triumphantly) They look like laptops to me!
    Me: (shows him the box) Nope, I'm pretty sure they're monitors.
    Captain SWHWS: Then where is THIS? (points at sold-out HP)
    Me: Sold out. I don't have any. None of our stores in the district has any.
    Captain SWHWS: I don't believe you.
    Me: We keep our HP notebooks in these lock-up cages, sir. (leads him to cages) You're welcome to look at them. If you find the model number of the computer you want, I'll be happy to sell it to you. Just flag me down if you spot it. (walks away)

Ha! Foiled again! Take that, villain! I am impervious to your powers of deception! You are powerless here! Go try that game at our competitor; you just might succeed there.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

As a supervillain name, I am kind of fond of Angry Fridge Man. Sounds like one of those second rate villains that are usually ignored by a superhero for the most part. I can see the costume now, a giant fridge with sharp teeth and a constand scowl.

Comment

Quoth Xieg View Post
      I can see the costume now, a giant fridge with sharp teeth and a constand scowl.
      Hilarious.

Great post; I really enjoyed it.
      Should have sold Cap'n a monitor. Then laughed in his face when he came back ten minutes later to return it.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

The "sees what he wants to see" guy annoyed me. Is he blind or just incurably stupid. He probably tries to turn on the microwave to watch tv. What an asshole.
        It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
          He probably tries to turn on the microwave to watch tv.
          That reminds me of that King of The Hill where in Bill's house if you turn on the light the microwave turns on. Funny.

But, yes, I agree, jerk.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
            Angry Fridge Man
            This guy came in on Monday and bought a fridge. Expecting it to come to the store with our normal deliveries on Tuesday, a delivery was scheduled for Wednesday. Somehow, the fridge didn't show up with our deliveries, but the warehouse people figured out where it was. Someone called the customer, told him the story, and rescheduled the delivery for Friday.

Friday morning, I pick up the phone.
            AFM: Can I speak to someone in Appliances, please?
            Me: One moment. (checks Appliances) I'm sorry, they're all with customers at the moment. Is this something I might help you with?
            AFM: (tells me the backstory) And, frankly, I'm not very happy about it.
            Me: I see how that might be frustrating, but it sounds like you're going to get the fridge today.
            AFM: But I SHOULD have had it two days ago!
            Me: True. I can see if management is willing to offer a discount or gift card or something of that nature, but we don't have much power over when products get to our store.
            AFM: Look! I should have had that fridge two days ago! I'm not happy with your service, and I think we're just going to return it!
            Me: You're welcome to do that if you feel you need to, sir.
            AFM: I want to talk to your manager!

So I handed him off to the MOD. I'm afraid I never learned the outcome. I got busy, and that manager left before I could talk to him again. Apparently, though, this guy agreed to the later delivery when our store's inventory guys called him, but suddenly decided that we needed to bend space and time to get his fridge to him two days ago, even though it was due to show up in a few hours anyway.
            Did he think his fridge was a cheeseburger that could just be cooked up in a flash? Honestly, how would people like these have survived the past? Deliveries of anything could take weeks, even months to arrive. Maybe that was why people developed patience back then. They had no choice.
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Xieg View Post
              As a supervillain name, I am kind of fond of Angry Fridge Man. Sounds like one of those second rate villains that are usually ignored by a superhero for the most part. I can see the costume now, a giant fridge with sharp teeth and a constand scowl.

Freezer Org blasts the rangers with icy breath and destroys itself by deep freezing the Kongzord. This freezes out the Growl Phones as well.

"Soul Bird Salvation"

http://www.rangercentral.com/prwf-monsters.htm

I just couldn't resist when I saw this comment :P
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

This reminds me, my corporate just released this really funny article to employees in our monthly magazine (which I will be bringing home to scan and share with you all) about problem customers and how to deal with them. It was all very professional, but the person that wrote it obviously has worked the floor.

Such names as Spider-Member (people that climb up tall shelves to get an item rather than find it on the floor) had us cracking up all day in the break room.

It's nice to see corporate has a sense of humor when it comes to SC's.
                "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                  http://www.rangercentral.com/prwf-monsters.htm

I just couldn't resist when I saw this comment :P
                  I like Karoke org and wedding dress org - but those are all HILARIOUS!!!!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

The third SC has a brain deficiency and I have just the thing to remedy that....
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                    X