Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just need to check to see if it's the right size.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need to check to see if it's the right size.

Let me get the side stuff out of the way first. I love it when customers have to take stuff out of the box to look at it. I showed a customer the box for a radio at the counter one time. She asked me how big it was. My response? "It fits in this box." Did I let her open it up before she bought it? No way!

Ok. So I told you that story to tell you this one.

I got a customer today who wanted to buy headphones. He brought a single check with him into our store, but he also had to pick up his prescription (don't you love it when they do that?). Now it would technically have been in violation of a minor store policy for me to allow him to take headphones away from the photo counter without paying for them first. But I figure I'll be nice (heh; famous last words).

I won't ever forget what he asked me next:
    SC: "Can I open it up to see if it fits? If it does, I'll buy two sets!"
    Me: "You want to open a package of headphones to see if they fit?"
    SC: "Yeah. Just give me some scissors."
    Me: "You want to see if the headphones fit?"
    SC: "I'll probably buy them."
    Me: "Exactly. Which other style did you want to look at?"

WTF? They're headphones.

The good news is I totally upsold him on two sets of our $25 headphones when he started out looking at the $6.49 cheapos. Speaking of which, I've gotta make a note to restock those upsell items. I've been busy today
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads
Working...
X