This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Fun Tales

Well it seems my hotel has apparantly put out a crazy/ignorant/too much time on their hands magnet to keep us on our toes

The crazy: We had a woman who originally came in for one night but ended up staying for a 4 days. She is the type of person you ask "How's it going?" to and end up regretting it. I barely know this woman but I know her hubby cheated on her, her daughter's in a mental ward and her son's in rehab. I know this because she told me this all four days of her stay including the strong desire to show me their photos too. So 4 am on the day of her checkout she calls the office at (the manager lives on property and keeps one of the cordless office phones in her place in case of emergency) The first thing she thinks hearing the phone ring that early is emergency, what she doesn't expect is to hear Crazy telling her she's checking out and leaving her key in the room. This was wierd since she was paid up and could leave anytime she wanted to plus a majority of people leave hteir keys in the room without feeling the need to call and tell us. I go to clean her room and find ten empty wine bottles (remember she only stayed four nights alone) and what looked to be the pages of an address/date book ripped into shreds and left in a pile on the living room floor.

The ignorant: Strangely enough another one night stayer who decided to stay longer. On the day of his alleged departure we hear no word from him (Checkout is 11 and by 12:30 no word from him) we finally call to hear him say in a snippy voice that "We should have assumed he was staying an extra day"
    It was our fault how dare we work in a hotel and not have psychic powers.

The Too much time on their hands: As you well know our hotel has an adjoining coin laundromat. Well when the old owner's sold the hotel they were informed not to bother with repairs since the new owner was going to hire someone to do a complete machine overhaul. We have someone who comes to the laundry at least twice a week. She/He takes down one of the fliers from the bulletin board and writes the same note. Accusing us of ripping people off, the machines were "all broken" (BS) and that the owner's should be ashamed. This has been going on about two months. Seriously if you hate the place so much have the courage to confront the company in person or go someplace else, writing nasty little anonymous notes proves you are a coward who needs a hobby.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 09-14-2006, 10:25 AM. Reason: Minor corrections, beer and posting don't mix
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania
Working...
X