Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're hiding the copy machine in the back.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're hiding the copy machine in the back.

This is kind of a minor thing, but I always find it very amusing.

We don't have a photocopy machine at our lab. Why we don't, I'll never know; it would pay for itself in about 2 days. But I digress.

Note that by photocopy, I'm talking about like a Xerox machine. You know. For copying documents. If you want to copy a photograph and make photographic prints, that's different, but not your everyday paper-to-paper copies.

A lot of customers come into our store and ask me if we do photocopies. We don't, sorry, but in the 500 building just down the block, there's a copy place.

Without fail, guess what EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER asks me right after I say this.

"Are you sure you don't do copies?"

The hell did I just say to you?

Incidentally, the worse the weather, the bitchier they are when they find out they have to walk half a block. Also incidentally, no matter how bad the weather, these idiots NEVER have an umbrella (keeping in mind that they have PAPER documents that need to be copied).
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

If I did not know any better, I would say that you work at the same place I do! Happens all the time where I work!
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

Quoth blaubent View Post
      If I did not know any better, I would say that you work at the same place I do! Happens all the time where I work!
      We get the same thing at my CVS a lot. I asked my boss why we didnt have one after a customer asked us and he said he didnt think we would make money off it.

We also had a guy yell at our pharmacist for 10 minutes when she said we didnt have one. The guy kept insisting that he had copies made in our store a few days earlier and he refused to believe that we dont have a copy machine and he was somewhere else when he had those copies made.
      "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

We get that too. We DO have a small copier for our use, and if it's already too late for the people to go to the copy shop in the same plaza, and if they're nice to me, I'll copy/fax stuff for them. If they're not, they get told that my unit is broken.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
          they get told that my unit is broken.
          Are you trying to repel a copy customer, or one who is hitting on you?

Lately, I've started giving in to customer requests for copies. I let them know that I'd be happy to make copies for them... at $3.99 each. Or if they want to pay for document copies at document copy price, they are welcome to go two doors down to the copy place.

I think part of the problem is because whenever a customer comes over, it's like 5 minutes before the consulate closes and they HAVE to have their passport application in TODAY!

Sometimes I think these consulates don't actually have hours; they just close every five minutes.

And then they send all the loonies to my store so I can mess with their heads!
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
            Lately, I've started giving in to customer requests for copies. I let them know that I'd be happy to make copies for them... at $3.99 each. Or if they want to pay for document copies at document copy price, they are welcome to go two doors down to the copy place.

You sound like me!!!!!!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
              Are you trying to repel a copy customer, or one who is hitting on you?
              *checks pants* hey, there's no unit in here! I've been robbed!

Comment

Working...
              X