Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only tome I write a check is if it is to pay someone a large about of money or send them it in the mail (such as part of a B-Day card) or a org. that dosen't accept plastic. Other than that I will pay my bills online, either with my CC( which gets me points) or directly form my checking account. I have hand a checking account since 2004, got a debit card in 2005. To date I have only written about 50-75 checks.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
      ..."Every other store accepts them"?? No smart retailer would even touch them. In fact, I wonder why banks even bother with them anymore.
      They're still useful for paying stuff like utility bills, but in that case the company would already know who you are and where you live.
      Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Not quite on topic, but can anybody here understand why a store would refuse to accept a debit card for the purchase of a money order? I had to pick one up yesterday, and they would take cash only. So I bough something at the store, got the cash back after the purchase, then bought the money order
        As far as I know, that SOP. I know that USPS and the gas station across the street won't take anything but cash for a money order. I think it hinges on the fact that it's considered cash, just in little different form?

Powerboy - I don't think Killer Bees lives in the US? Some other countries governments can and will dictate how companies pay their employees. For better or for worse, if our government tries to do that, they can run afoul of the Constitution.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yesterday, a customer had a problem with showing ID but she did show it-with an attitude. I pointed out the assistant store director in case she wanted to make a complaint.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Here in Japan, cheques are never accepted... nor are foreign debit cards (even with the Visa and international symbols etc on them).

It is a very cash based society - I now have a bank card (only used at atms) and a Lloyds of London account linking the Japanese transfer account with my Australian account

Comment

Working...
            X