This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttwalrus of the Year 2005

Just found this one in an old shift report. This guy was *spectacular*. I'm not sure I've had an SC since this guy that was so....glorious....

"Buttwalrus" was simply the most polite term I could think of for using on the boards here.

Legal Services

Had a caller tonight that said his cousin was in jail. Unfortunately, he didn't know which jail his cousin was in or even what his cousin had been charged with. Now, our client allows us to transfer calls directly through to him if the caller is in custody and thus calling from a police lock up. But of course this caller isn't.

I advised him to have his cousin call us from the station he was being held at so we could provide legal assistance. He didn't like that and of course began to rant for a while. Then he suddenly began pretending he was in jail to try and get us to transfer him through. When that didn't work ( I have no idea how he expected it to work... ) he began ranting again. I eventually hung up on him.

So of course he began calling back...and became increasingly abusive and persistent till he was calling back every 5 seconds to swear at us, refer to us by all sorts of lovely terms and threaten to get us fired, etc. But wait! There's more!

After a while of us just hanging up on him the second he opened his mouth, he got his girlfriend to call. When we explained politely to her that we couldn't help unless the person actuall in custody called....well, then he had a friend of his call and threaten us. That failed, so he got ANOTHER friend to call and threaten us. Then the friend of the friend or whichever, I'd lost track by this point, called to threaten us yet again

Then the original guy started calling again to swear at us, over and over. So on and so forth, blah blah. By now this has been going on for about 35 minutes according to the clock. At the 40 minute mark, he mixed up his strategy and tried calling from a payphone claiming he was in custody.

I humoured him at this point since I had no way of proving outright he wasn't who he was saying he was. But then I caught him in a slip up as he said his name was "Michael" at first, then a minute later when I asked him for contact information he gave me his real name which I of course knew quite well by now. <shakes head>

When I ( Somewhat gleefully I admit ) pointed out his slip up he resumed ranting. By now we're at the 50 minute mark of this marathon. After this point he began calling back every 3-5 seconds again to swear, insult or threaten. Over and over and over again. This quite literally went on for about 20 minutes straight according to the clock. So he's pretty much just harrassing us now.

By the 1 hour, 17 minute mark, he was making physical threats on my person. By 1 hour, 20 minutes, he had gone back to trying to pretend he was in jail. Then back to swearing and insulting me by 1 hour, 21 minutes. That kept up till the 1 hour, 34 minute mark or so.

Then I managed to have a long discussion with him and finally convinced him to stop calling and harrasing us and just wait for a lawyer to call him back in the morning. Finally ending this incredibly long, patience testing episode after 1 hour and 40 minutes.

On a side note, in our final conversation he did reveal he'd been drinking, which might explain a goodly portion of this. I'm more inclined to believe the alchohol was a magnifier rather then an excuse. You know, like spinach to Popeye, if Popeye were a frothing wanker with a cellphone.

But still, 1 hour and 34 minutes of calling at an average of once every 10 seconds, 95% of the which were just calls to swear, threaten or insult. I have to admit in a way its impressive, if nothing else. Truely sad, but impressive.

Can't the idiot be arrested for threatening you? Wouldn't it be nice if he actually COULD call you from jail?
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

He's lucky you're a paitent bunch of folks, I'd have put him in jail for the threats..... does that mean that it would be okay for him to call then?
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Buddy, if you're this desparate to join your cousin in jail, there are quicker and more cost effective ways of doing this. In an hour and a half, you could have been reunited with your cousin three times over.
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
          there are quicker and more cost effective ways of doing this.
          Kinda like getting sex after marraige.... *Ducks before someone gets where I stole that one*

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            He's lucky you're a paitent bunch of folks, I'd have put him in jail for the threats..... does that mean that it would be okay for him to call then?
            That's what I was thinking. If he's so bent on pretending he's in jail, why not make it so he doesn't have to pretend?
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Ahhhhh.......I can see it now! Right up there with The Darwin Awards and The Stella Awards, Gravekeeper's Website, The Buttwalrus Awards!
              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
              X