Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm tired of explaining this over and over! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of explaining this over and over! (long)

I know that the next SC doesn't know what I told the last SC, but it drives me nuts to try to explain something again and again that, to me, seems like common sense.

Just because you know where our lot is located, does not mean you know how long it will take a tow truck to reach you. I hear this more often then I care to deal with.

Typical conversation, happens this way nearly every time, the outcome is sometimes different.

ME - Awesome dispatcher supreme being
    SC - well, we all know

ME - We should be able to have someone over to you within the hour. (sometimes, I am able to give them a more precise time usually within 30 - 45 mins though)
    SC - IT TAKES THAT LONG! YOU GUYS ARE ONLY 2 BLKS (or 2 miles, or 3 blks, or 3 miles so on and so fourth) WHY WILL IT TAKE THAT LONG?
    ME - I understand that is where our LOT is, but our trucks could be anywhere. (We don't have a truck for every single call that comes in - YOU are not the only person needing service, there were others before you and the trucks do not go back to the lot to get their next call - we're electronic!)
    The next line is the one that often changes: here are some possibilities:
    SC - Oh, yeah, that's right. (Really?)
    -or-
    SC - Still, that's ridiculous! (Whatever!)
    -or-
    SC - You can't get someone here sooner? (within the hour tends to be a pretty damn good quote and no, I cannot get someone there sooner...if I could, I would've told you an earlier time. I usually have to explain that I am saying "within" the hour and it could be sooner)
    -or-
    SC - let me talk to the driver. (As if! The last thing any SC would want to do is talk to one of my drivers)

I actually once quoted a woman 15 - 20 mins because I knew the guy was sitting and sitting pretty close and she FLIPPED out on me saying that was too long! I swear, sometimes, I think people believe I have a button on my keyboard that I press and the truck just materializes next to their vehicle! AND at times, I believe that still wouldn't be soon enough for some of these entitlement assholes!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    I swear, sometimes, I think people believe I have a button on my keyboard that I press and the truck just materializes next to their vehicle!
    What do they think this is, the Gallifreyan Automobile Association?
    DJ Particle

Comment

When I got stuck on vacation (my own fault), my insurance company put me through to the tow truck company, who told me they would be there in about 40 minutes. And about 40 minutes later, almost exactly, there was the tow truck. I was happy, my truck was happy, the tow truck driver was happy, the cops were happy (since I was blocking traffic), other motorists were happy (since I was blocking traffic), my insurance company was happy because I was happy...

Would I have liked the tow truck to be there instantly? Yes, of course. Was I thrilled it got there as soon as it did? Yes. As neither I nor my truck nor the cops nor the other motorists were all that thrilled that my truck was stuck in a ditch and blocking traffic.

I swear, your callers are blithering idiots.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        I swear, sometimes, I think people believe I have a button on my keyboard that I press and the truck just materializes next to their vehicle! AND at times, I believe that still wouldn't be soon enough for some of these entitlement assholes!
        Use the botton that drops a cement truck onto their house.
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I swear, your callers are blithering idiots.
          Abso-smurfly!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
            Use the botton that drops a cement truck onto their house.
            I try - really I do...I search and search and search and search for that key! If anyone knows the shortcut, please send it my way!

Comment

You might be able to find an "Easy" button at Staples. Maybe it comes pre-programmed with the "drop cement truck *here*" setting?

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                You might be able to find an "Easy" button at Staples.
                Why can't I find any women with an "Easy" button?

Don't say it....I know there are FAR too many jokes for THAT one. Even if you DON'T mean it in a perverted way!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Don't say it....I know there are FAR too many jokes for THAT one. Even if you DON'T mean it in a perverted way!
                  Heh heh.. two of my co-workers were thinking about making a movie about the incorrect uses of the Easy Button.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I have one!!! I keep it at work!
                    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post
                      What do they think this is, the Gallifreyan Automobile Association?
                      TARDIS Express: When it absolutly, positively has to be there 5 days ago.
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                      X