This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Real Head-Banger...

This happened last night, and while it's not as bad as other SC's that I've had, it's worth mentioning and falls under "Stupid Customer" more than "Sucky Customer".

It was late and we got a late pop. We had one server and she had about seven tables (including the couple I was sitting), so I ask if I can get some soft drinks for them because it would take their server a minute to get out to them. First, they take several minutes to get settled and even acknowledge that they heard me. Finally, the guy orders a coke, okay great. The girl orders a Pina Colada, not too bad. I tell her what I tell anybody who orders (or tries to) an alcoholic drink from me, "I don't have access to the hard stuff, but your server can get that for you, can I get you a water while you wait?"
    *blank stare* "What do you mean?"
    "I can't get anything from the bar, and anything with alcohol, can I get you a water?"
    "I don't want it with alcohol."
    "So you want a Virgin Pina Colada?"
    "No."

wtf?

At that point, her bf joins in, "She wants the milkshake."

I've been working at this restaurant for a while, and we've never had "milkshakes". The bf starts looking through the menu for what he's talking about, he finally finds our smoothies and wouldn't you know it, we have a Pina Colada flavored smoothie, and THAT's what she was talking about.

I don't even drink and I know that when you tell someone that you want a Pina Colada, they are going to think first of the alcoholic beverage in the wavey glass (I believe it's called a "Tornado Glass" but I could be thinking of something else). Then if you say that you don't want the alcoholic one, they're going to ask if you want it virgin (or just bring it out to you that way) either you know what that means or if you don't you ask.

OT, but I also love when I ask peole if I can get them some soft drinks (something all restaurant employees have ready access to 'cause we all get them for free while we're working), and they reply with, "I'd like a Miller Lite". Lol, I don't care how light a light beer is, it still doesn't count as a soft drink.
    Love is admiration without envy, familiarity without contempt, and chocolate without asking.

Quoth CherryCokeKissez View Post
    The girl orders a Pina Colada, not too bad.
    Well, I thought it was alcoholic when I first read that sentence.

Although, I've never really half ordered a drink before either . . .
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

She's a twit. You order a "pina colada" you get an alcoholic mix. You want a pina colada flavored drink, you order a pina colada flavored drink.

It's like ordering a banana and getting pissed when you bring her a yellow fruit, not a banana flavored milkshake.

Comment

that or you order a VIRGIN pina colada
        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

With real virgins?

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
            With real virgins?
            If only every virgin pina colada came with one

Comment

Never having had a smoothie, how does it compare to a milkshake, in terms of appearance? (Since her bf referred to it as a milkshake.)
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
                With real virgins?
                No, I think they use fake virgins, as the real ones were sacrificed to the Cracken to appease the Goddess Thetis.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                  No, I think they use fake virgins, as the real ones were sacrificed to the Cracken to appease the Goddess Thetis.
                  :looks around: <_< >_>

:waits to be sacrificed:

Can I finish my homework first?
                  Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. SO: Study hard. Be evil.
                  ~Unknown

Comment

Smoothies are made with fruit, with orange juice (usually) as a base.

Milkshakes, on the other hand, have a milk base, and are more likely to have flavorings other than fruit, like chocolate and vanilla.

Sorry this reply is so late, I've been working hard to catch up for months, between school and everything!

Comment

Smoothies usually have ice, juice, and possibly some sherbet as a base.

Milkshakes have ice cream (or frozen yogurt) plus milk as the base.

Comment

Working...
                      X