This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Tried Our Best

So last weekend we had a couple who stayed for a week they smoked outside but left the door to their rooms open when they did so it still smelled. Our hotel was booked up solid and we couldn't move the incoming guests. So we Lysoled the heck out of it and placed an ionizer in the room.

The next morning I was cleaning the room next door when I heard this exchange, the wife apparantly caught sight of our manager smoking on the patio.

DW: Dumb Wife
    DH: Dumb Husband

DW: She Smokes!!! That's why she couldn't smell the smoke in the room.
    DH: I can't believe this (Um she obviously did smell the smoke. Why else would we put an ionizer in the room. And what we do on our breaks is none of their concern.)

DW: She's smoking right in front of the guests
    DH: Don't they have a smoking area to do that in? (She was in the desinated smoking area BTW and the guests who were with her were also smoking.)

DW: What if I wanted to sit out on that patio to read and had to choke down that crap
    DH: I'm gonna have a word with them (Err ma'am you're checking out so you won't be reading there at all. There are tables and chairs ourside your room and if you weren't checking out you'd probably go down there just to throw a fit over people smoking there)

I don't get this behavior we did not plan pn the room smelling that bad, we took proper precautions to make the room comfortable and they didn't complain once until that morning. I think some people just live to complain.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
    I think some people just live to complain.
    How long have you been here?

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      DW: She's smoking right in front of the guests
      DH: Don't they have a smoking area to do that in? (She was in the desinated smoking area BTW and the guests who were with her were also smoking.)

DW: What if I wanted to sit out on that patio to read and had to choke down that crap
      DH: I'm gonna have a word with them (Err ma'am you're checking out so you won't be reading there at all. There are tables and chairs ourside your room and if you weren't checking out you'd probably go down there just to throw a fit over people smoking there)

I don't get this behavior we did not plan pn the room smelling that bad, we took proper precautions to make the room comfortable and they didn't complain once until that morning. I think some people just live to complain.
      This reminds of a quick little story. My brother and I were at a Dodger game at the end of the '04 season. Back in our smoking days, we'd go to the smoking area to light one up in between innings. The smoking areas were very small and happened to be by areas that wouldn't trap the smoke in. Generally, they were by the entrance/exit areas.

Were shooting the crap with a few other guys smoking in an area no bigger than 20x20 (it was probably closer to 10x10, but I'm being generous). The game is headed for extra innings and it's getting late. As with most stadiums, there are several doors/gates in every exit area. Imagine a wall of doors if you will. Lots of exits. You had to walk through the smoking area to get to ONE of the exits. Remember, lots of exits still to choose from.

Dumbass dad walks his young daughter through the smoking area to get to the exit. He proceeds to do the fake cough/complain about smokers thing. Heck, if it was the only exit I would be able to understand his concerns. Of course, there was another exit less than 15 or so feet away that was smoke free. Again, I'm being generous with the dimensions. It was probably less.

To me, it would have been much easier to walk the few extra steps over to the door that didn't have anyone smoking by it. He walked through the smokers area. The smoking areas were small and there weren't many of them in the stadium. It was easy to avoid.

Comment

Quoth ladodger34 View Post
        To me, it would have been much easier to walk the few extra steps over to the door that didn't have anyone smoking by it. He walked through the smokers area. The smoking areas were small and there weren't many of them in the stadium. It was easy to avoid.
        Ah, but that would make sense. Sometimes I think that a lot of people think that smokers are worse than child molesting serial killers.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ladodger34 View Post
          I'm a nonsmoker who hates being around smoke too, and I have about as much respect for nonsmokers who go where the smoke is and complain about it, as I do for the inconsiderate smokers who light up when they're not supposed to.

I kind of let this one woman have it one time ages ago, back when you could still smoke in the malls. I was still with the ex, and she smoked, as did almost all of her friends. We stopped at this one place in the mall to get something to eat, and were sitting in the smoking section. A couple people in our group lit up when we were done, and this woman who was sitting at the table next to us proceeded to raise holy hell about it. Did I mention we were all, including the complainer, sitting in the smoking section? It's not like the nonsmoking section was even full, the whole place was pretty much dead.

As we walked out, I made sure to mention quite loudly about how stupid it is to sit in the smoking section and complain about the smoke.

Looking back now, I think I should have just looked her in the eye, and asked her if she was aware that she was in the smoking section? Probably not. There was only a huge sign right above her head that said "smoking section".
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X