Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PICKIEST customer I have ever seen, unreal!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PICKIEST customer I have ever seen, unreal!

Now I know there are some finicky people out there and I've seen them time again in all sorts of places.

However I have noticed that these people seem to be a particular curse on the food services industry because they must have their food made a certain way. I personally am not picky. I don't like pickels on my burgers, but if Mickey D's is really busy, I'll just order the burgers and take the pickles off myself.

But even people somewhat picky couldn't hold a candle to this guy, I give you the King of the Picky People:

Now fortunately I didn't have to deal with this guy but I was right beside my co-worker when he did. This happened at a donut shop I used to work at. He came in to order a bagel and the encounter went something like this:

SC: Can I get a multigrain bagel, toasted with cream cheese please?
    (coworker puts the bagel in the toaster and then plops it down on the counter and prepares to butter it)
    SC: No! Not that knife, use that other one over there, it looks cleaner.
    (coworker does)
    SC: You're not doing it right, slow and circular strokes.
    (coworker looks up at SC with a "let me do this please" look)
    SC: Make sure you don't put too much cream cheese on there...dammit I just told you not too much! Take some off...well now there's not enough on there, a little more please...Actually you know what, take some more off. Perfect.
    (meanwhile a line is forming behind this moron)
    SC: Can you cut that lengthwise please? I hate it when they get cut the wrong way. That's it, thanks.
    (coworker hands the cutomer his bagel and gives me a "what the fuck was that" look)

Now my coworker was new so I figure that's why he would've bent over backwards for the guy. I wouldn't have been so accomodating, a $1.56 bagel is not worth all the trouble.

Thankfully he never came back (maybe we didn't get it quite right after all ) but my god what a piece of work he was.

It's people like that who make me glad I don't work in food service anymore.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't know you had OCD. Are you taking anything for it?"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

How do you cut a bagel lengthwise? It's round.

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
        Instead of through the center, you cut it from the top down, into thin slices, then fry them heavily, and you get bagel chips. Huzzah. Maybe?
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"how do you cut a bagel lengthwise?"

I was thinking the same thing when the guy said it and my co-worker looked at me and I could tell he was thinking it too.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing!!!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
              SC: You're not doing it right, slow and circular strokes.
              Uh, huh. Slow and circular? It's a bagel, dude! Not your ....
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I'm thinking OCD, too.

Comment

Damn, I'm about as picky as they come, and that had me going
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
                    It depends. Sometimes bagels end up coming out more oval than round.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      Damn, I'm about as picky as they come, and that had me going

Mike, let's start a -a-thon
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        Mike, let's start a -a-thon
                        Oh, oh, it could be a telethon to raise money for therapy for the poor workers who have to put up with this crap. We could get famous people to read the stories, and put on their sad faces and say "Please help these poor suffering workers, you're all they've got." And bands could play to help raise money, sort of a bidding war, the more money they raise, the longer they play! Try to get the fans to have a bidding war!
                        And with any money left over after the therapy (heh, yeah right), we could try doing PSAs, or handouts, or hire hitmen, or just do something to help edjumacate the SCs out there to stop this tragedy from occuring again!
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

AWESOME! I like the part where the actors read the stories! That would be way cool....maybe make a whole movie about SCs! Oh, wait, there is one.."Clerks"!
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                            SC: Make sure you don't put too much cream cheese on there...dammit I just told you not too much! Take some off...well now there's not enough on there, a little more please...Actually you know what, take some more off. Perfect.
                            Who complains about too much cream cheese on their bagel? There's no such thing!

Okay, maybe if they used the entire package, but still...
                            Last edited by XCashier; 09-22-2006, 06:33 PM.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

On cutting bagels lengthwise....

If you ever look at a bagel before its toppings are applied, you'll notice a small seam. This seam is where the two ends of a roll of bagel dough connect. Cutting a bagel lengthwise uses that seam as a reference point, cutting the seam and continuing to cut along the line of the seam through the center and through the other "end" of the bagel.

Just a little FYI from your local (or not) bagel connoisseur.

Comment

Working...
                              X