X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't live here....

Not a customer but still sucky.

Was at the Calgary Stampede with the hubby and co. Yes I was even wearing a cowboy hat. Apparently that means I know the place like the back of my hand. Let me tell the rest of you something though. Jeans and a hat do not make a cowboy or a person who knows the Stampede well.

SL: Stupid lady with a funny accent.
    ME: Victim.
    AT: Aunt who is a native.

SL: Excuse me do you know where Such and Such is?
    Me: Uh, sorry I don't. First time ever here but...
    SL: *suddenly pissy with me* Look I know you punks who want to play cowboys and indians all your lives dislike us NORMAL people but you can at least be helpful when we are spending good money on your little shows.
    Me:
    Aunt: *spotting me* What's up Drae? We're leaving you behind here.
    Me: *in exaggerated southern drawl* Oh by my stars Auntie thank god yer here! Apparently me and the lady here are having a communications break down. I can't speak her fancy normal tongue. Could you translate it into freak for me?
    Aunt: *trying not to die laughing at my antics*
    SL:
    Me: *pulling map out of back pocket and handing it to SL* Here's a map. Good luck finding Such and Such.
    Aunt: Try by this section.
    SL: *walks away*
    Me: Stupid egotistical . Just because I have a hat doesn't mean anything.
    Aunt: I agree. After all you just bought it today!
    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Priceless!

Next time ask her to define "normal."
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I have to give my vote for best cowboy hat to the participant at the Gay Rodeo (years ago in Reno) who went out for the evening in a long evening gown, chandelier earrings and straw cowboy hat.
      Last edited by wagegoth; 07-24-2008, 07:33 PM.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Hehe priceless.

I got asked where the liquor store (Collier's) was on vacation. For those who don't know, Collier's in Cape May is legendary. It's been there for years, has a huge mural/sign on the side, there are ads for it in every newspaper, hotel, etc. Everybody that's been to Cape May, NJ knows where Collier's is

Anyway, this guy had, um, apparently been to Collier's a few times earlier that night. Who was I to cut him off? I told him it was a short walk up the street. He thanked me, then staggered up the street.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've started doing a few paid gigs in Boston as a fifer. Which means I'm walking around and riding the T in full 18th century male garb.

I usually ride in with my friend Sam, who isn't very familiar with Boston. Before I started riding with her, she'd get lots of sucky tourists mad at her that she didn't know where stuff was.

Sam's happy to have me with her, since I know where most stuff is, although I did get stumped a moment by, "Hey! Do you know how I can find the parking garage?...The one where I parked?...It's on a winding street?...I think I walked by a Brooks Brothers?"

Funnily enough I guessed Pi Alley and pointed it out to her behind her. She turned around and I was right!
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Heh. A) The Calgary Stampede Rocks (I miss footlong corndogs )

B) I love it when people assume you work somewhere because you're wearing a hat or something. I can't believe the amount of times I've been stopped at future shop/best buy because someone overheard me explaining something to my friends/family and though I worked there.
            P.E.B.C.A.K. - Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

Comment

Working...
            X