This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K controls the weather

So of course it's raining thanks to outer rain bands from Hurricane Dolly, and of course everything outside is wet. Makes sense right. Try telling that to this customer.

SC: Excuse me!
    Me: Yes mam, what can I help you with?
    SC: I almost slipped out there you need to clean that up!
    Me: Out where? The sidewalk?
    SC: Yes! That's dangerous you should call someone to clean it up!
    Me: But mam it's raining.
    SC: I know that just clean it up!
    Me: But mam it's rain-
    SC: I know that! What do you think I am...stupid?
    Me: (No not at all )
    Me: Mam it's wet out there because it's raining. There's nothing I can do about it.
    SC: Well Krogers needs to do something about it!
    And she walks off to start her shopping
    Me: Yeah sure I'll call up Cincinnati and tell the CEO (ie God) that the customers don't like the rain, and they would really appreciate it if he stopped it.
    Last edited by SG15Z; 07-25-2008, 07:23 AM.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

This waste of precious food and oxygen was complaining about the fact that the sidewalk was wet while it was raining, and expected you to dry the sidewalk...while it was still raining?

[insert the sound of my brain splortching out of my left ear, splatting on the floor, then running around yelping like a dog that got its tail caught under Granny's rocking chair]

God must love idiots, he sure made a hell of a lot of them.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

You should have asked her for a suggestion about what Kroger should be doing

Comment

Gotta stock up on some Burly paper towels.

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE The Simpsons?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth dithers66 View Post
          You should have asked her for a suggestion about what Kroger should be doing
          Exactly. Right after she asked if she though that she was stupid, SG should have smiled and said, "what exactly should we do about this". Let her answer her prove her own statement.

Comment

Maybe it's not raining. Maybe the sky is falling with KY Jelly.

Oh what a slippery world that would be. If it's gonna do that here, it better be the cooling sensation kind.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I would venture to guess if the customer would have called the 1-800 line, Kroger would have given her a gift card, contacted SG's manager about it and the manager would have had to reprimand SG about not providing excellent customer service.

I'm not shitting, either. I could see it happen.
              Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I could see that happening too. Oh, and my only Kroger story was last year, it was cold and I had just put my son in the car and closed the door and I quickly pushed my cart over to the little Cart island and this old lady came over and said "You want another one?" and pushed her cart at me. I stopped it because it would have hit my cart and said not really and slowly pushed it back towards her and walked away, she got mad and said I was lazy blah blah blah....

I realized, she thought I worked there!
                Oops, I just thought she was being lazy and trying to pawn her cart off on the first person she saw. I guess we both sucked a little bit there.
                For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                http://atriumforum.com/
                Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Anger...rising...

When I worked at a cafe we had an outside patio.Of course we had a sidewalk outside of said patio. A few times it rained cats and dogs. People complained to us the sidewalk was wet. Not that the patio was wet (it was under an overhand), but that the sidewalk was wet. It's raining, everything is wet, there's a sidewalk OUTSIDE in the elements and it's wet as well, . So you realize, that when it's frigging RAINING, you would think the sidewalk is going to be wet. The stupid...it hurts.

My assistant manager actually put up a "slippery when wet" sign we used when we mopped out on the sidewalk. That was our way of telling people "look out! it's raining and the ground is wet!". I was so mad at her for doing that. If you're an adult and you don't realize the sidewalk is going to be wet when it rains then you're a damn idiot.
                  "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
                  George Carlin

Comment

What the hell does she do at home when it rains? Send her husband out with a towel? A blow dryer?

Don't use the good bath towels!!!!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      Maybe it's not raining. Maybe the sky is falling with KY Jelly.

Oh what a slippery world that would be. If it's gonna do that here, it better be the cooling sensation kind.

Aww, but I'm allergic to anything but the regular stuff... (Can you imagine how I found THAT out? )
                      Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'

Comment

This little story reminds of one of the softball manager's at my previous job. I used to run the adult softball leagues for the city in a previous life. A few years ago we had a really wet spring and games were getting rained out left and right.

Anyhow, I called one of the managers to let him know the games were canceled for the evening. The fields were probably under water and more conducive for mud wrestling than softball. Manager starts mouthing off at me and I just told him that if wanted to complain that he should try and get in touch with Mother Nature. He didn't complain much about it after that.

I used to hate when the softball guys (and ladies) would bitch at me for canceling games. Rain outs meant more work for me. I had to revise schedules, contact managers, and reschedule officials (amongst other things).

Comment

Working...
                        X