This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's HOT You Stupid Dirtbag!

I didn't think I'd be posting again so soon, but what happened yesterday really made me question the human race.

I was walking into work yesterday just before noon. It's HOT and HUMID here in the plains - as in the short time it took me to walk thru the lot, I started sweating - temp was 86 with high humidity and rising. As I'm walking in, I become aware of a dog barking.

Desperately barking.

Crap, a customer has left a dog in a car to roast out in this heat.

We've had problems with this before and mall policy is to call the police immediately as it is animal cruelty. Everyone has seen the news reports about how hot cars get in the sunlight in the middle of a black-topped parking lot.

I start scanning the lot in front of our store and notice one of my managers walking a couple of dozen feet behind me.

Me: The one and only
    AM: My awesome manager
    DB: Dirtbag

Me: Hey AM, someone's locked a dog in a car; it's too hot for that. Will you call mall security?
    AM: Sure, can you find the car?
    Me: I'm looking for it now.

I follow the barking out to the middle of our lot and discover a BEAUTIFUL german shepard barking non-stop in some Mercury POS. ONE WINDOW was cracked two inches. The rest were rolled up tight. Dog was freaking out. I stopped, whipped out a pen and took down the type of car, color and license plate, then started to wait so I could flag down mall security. After a couple of minutes, I decided to head in and get car info to AM and then I would head back out to get mall security to the car. As I'm walking toward the store, some utterly scummy dirtbag of a man starts shouting at me.

DB: WHAT'CHA EFFIN DOING?
    Me: says nothing, keeps walking
    DB: WHAT'CHA EFFIN DOING AT MY CAR? DID YOU WRITE DOWN MY LICENSE PLATE B*TCH?
    Me: says nothing, keeps walking
    DB: I ASKED YOU A QUESTION...WHAT YOU THINK YOU DOING AT MY CAR?!?!
    Me: still walking - 'Don't lock your dog in a hot car'
    DB: EFF YOU. YOU STAY OUT OF MY EFFING BUSINESS! CURSE, CURSE, CURSE....

I walk inside, run to the offices and get the car info to the AM, who has called mall security, who will call the police.

Turns out one of my coworkers saw the rest of the story. DB comes back in, meets up with DB family - wife, two kids - who had been shopping in our store for quite some time - cursing up a storm about 'EFF THIS PLACE. SOMEONE TOOK DOWN MY EFFING LICENSE PLATE NUMBER,' gathered up said DB family and scrammed outta our store.

I can't abide people who abuse animals. I'd like to lock him in a hot car with no way to get out and see how he likes it.
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

Good on you guys for reporting the assmunch! I hope he gets his comuppance and I hope the doggie gets a better, more loving, family!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We dealt with a similar situation recently. A CW was coming in and saw a man and his kids place a small kitten in a truck with no windows down, then they came in to shop. CW called mgmt to see if there was anything we could do. They said they'd look into it, so we thought they'd made a call. Ten minutes later, the truck was still there and Animal Control had not arrived, so we called mgmt again. They said that that the store couldn't do anything. Another CW was about to go on break, so she volunteered to call Animal Control from her cell phone. Unfortunately, they arrived about five minutes after the customer had left.

In my opinion, the store was rather sucky in this instance, too.

Comment

Working...
      X