This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture Buying 101

Okay, I see that once again I need to educate the good people of this town on how to buy furniture at my store, since they seem to be proving my hypothesis that they are stupider than the national average.

Now then....see those little slips of paper below where all the folding card tables are? Or more appropriately, were, since you seem to have taken them all? Those are pull tags. To buy the card tables, or any other piece of furniture, you take one tag for each item you want (not one tag and say you want 4! What are you people, ON DOPE?!?) and bring it to the cashier. They will then call somebody to bring it out to your car. Pull tags are your friends. Use them. Do not cart off our displays. If you saw the amount of time and effort we put into building them, you wouldn't want them in your home. Trust me.

Secondly, on the wall you'll notice some displays of bookcases, storage cabinets and TV stands. You will also notice they are screwed into the pegboard. This is for a reason: specifically to prevent little kids, or anybody else excessively hands-y, from pulling them off the shelf and onto their heads, which generally is not good medically. Therefore, if I ever catch one of you dry-pool diving team members unscrewing them (such as the snausage who did this about a year and half ago and ruined a perfectly good bookcase display), so help me Gord I will take that screwdriver out of your grubby mitts and I will do things to you with it that would make Satan himself run screaming for the . Capiche?

Lastly, we have some couches displayed on a special rack that displays one couch over another. We have also placed big signs on the display rack that tell you not to climb on the couches. These are not ornamental. So if you decide to crawl up on the top one and fall off, or the rack collapses sending you tumbling to the ground, I will muahahahahaha until my lungs give out.

Thus ends the lesson. Don't make me go over this with you again. I won't be quite so pleasant next time.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Have you customers been sniffing paint fumes?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      To buy the card tables, or any other piece of furniture, you take one tag for each item you want (not one tag and say you want 4! What are you people, ON DOPE?!?) and bring it to the cashier.
      Sadly I can think of some stores that do this... and then can see another forum post that reads "You don't need to take 4 of them. They're all the same price/barcode. Just tell us how many you want! No matter we keep running out".

I know I'm just nitpicking over different store policies. The rest of the post continues to make the customers sucky.
      Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

Have you customers been sniffing paint fumes?
        Around here, our main vice is alkyhol, but I wouldn't doubt huffing paint has something to do with this too.

Quoth wildkard
        Sadly I can think of some stores that do this... and then can see another forum post that reads "You don't need to take 4 of them. They're all the same price/barcode. Just tell us how many you want! No matter we keep running out".

I know I'm just nitpicking over different store policies. The rest of the post continues to make the customers sucky.
        Company policy dictates that the number of tags for each display has to equal the number of that item we have in backstock at all times.

So when somebody takes one tag but buys more than one, the pull tags get screwed up and we have more tags than items. Not good. I'd much rather have too few tags than too many.

Every Monday my job is to count all the furniture in backstock, and then go out to the floor and check all the tags to make sure we have the correct number of tags out, and throw out extra tags or make new tags if needed.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
        X