This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What country is that again?

Hi, I am new here.... not new to forums, but new to this board. This is thrilling, a place where everyone understands the stupid sh- Stuff- that happens at work!

I have been reading the War Stories, and OMG there are some real Whack Jobs out there the world over, I salute you all for dealing

Anyways this is my funny story, one of many I guess. If I were a more sensitve person I could have been very upset, but I am mellow, and not much (so far) harshens my mellow

Our store is on a designated "Reserve" land, the store pays rent to the First nations band. Anyone who is a registered "Indian" as per the Governments classification, would have a card, which can be used to exempt them from paying taxes on the things they buy at the store. (Registered Indians working or buying taxable items on a reserve do not have to pay taxes, but it needs to be recorded and the card must be presented)

I myself am a registered "Indian" and I do have this silly little card that says I am an Indian in our Governments eyes. Big Whoop dee do. I am also a lover of all groups of people, we all have our special talents, our own special ways, that make us different and but we are all part of the same human family and I respect all the differences. I am also very pale, lol, which you will see how my skin colour plays in this story.

So. I am scanning away, my customer is buying mostly food, and some shampoo, toothpaste, not a heck of a lot of taxable stuff.

End of the order, she is getting ready to pay with her debit, and she says
    "Oh, I have a status card."
    "Ok..." I get out the paper. Wait. She does nothing, just looks at me. "And your card?" I inquire.
    "I know the number, I don't have it with me."
    "Oh I'm sorry, I can't take your taxes off unless I see your card." little smile, trying to appear nice about it all... but I already KNOW where this is heading.

She flipped. Only way I can describe it. And let me tell you. That behavior I have seen many a time from people who didn't have their cards. Nothing new there. A standard
    "Sorry, we aren't allowed, you can speak with my supervisor if you wish." but she won't let me do anything either, stupids! and they angrily pay and stomp off in a huff.

This lady? Oh no...
    "You guys have ALWAYS done it for me. This is the first time anyone hasn't! You're a racist! You just WISH you had my skin colour! Why don't you just go sail back home on your boat back to your own country and eat your cheese and drink your milk!You F***** Racist Bitch! You pale faces always think you can push us around with your stupid rules!" and on and on she went.

But I was still stuck on which country is THAT?

I lean forward and look her in the eyes, because I am getting a little put off with her superior attitude and thats putting it nicely.... and I say my entire number off my status card, tell her I have it memorized too, and when I leave it behind I just pay the taxes.

Then I smile nicely at her and she is positively PURPLE with anger. Here I am, this Caucasian looking girl telling her that her BS won't wash. What can she say? Nothing. She grabbed her purse and left.

And the best part? Her taxes amounted to about $2.00

Well thanks for reading. I still tell that story to people, especially in my family, who just laugh and laugh and call her a mungias face( butthole face lol) congratulate my racist self on teaching her a lesson on not looking at a persons skin and making snap judgments. AND in my family, I am one of the only pale ones around EVERYONE else is nice and brown like her

A classic example of why you should always keep your words nice and sweet, for you never know when you're going to have to eat them. I bet that lady had a bitter after taste from hers.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I love it when people flip out and pull the race card when you wont let them bend/break the rules and then spout racist stuff about your race. wtf.

Comment

My cousins are part Indian, and two of them are blonde.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Can I just say that if there is a country where the citizens sit around eating cheese all day then I'd be looking for an immigration lawyer (or a cute local to get my green card).
          Sometimes people will grill me as to what race I have mixed in which I think is really weird.

Comment

Sometimes, I get people who assume I am part African-American. (Not that that wouldn't be nifty, but it isn't correct as far as I know.)

Some lady even called me a white n.

*beep of wrongness* I'm part Crow Native American, but thanks for playing!
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm Menonomee and Mom looks it but sadly the Sweedish Aunt's coloring came out in me and I'm a light brown with blue/green eyes. So yea...sucks sometimes.

Comment

Yeah, my husband and his family have that problem. His dad's 1/2 Native American , his mom's 3/8 Native American. They're both blue eyed, and so are all three kids. The kids were also born blonde, but my husband and his brother's hair have darkened.
                MySpace

Comment

Half my cousins are cherokee and blonde with green/blue eyes.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth clod75 View Post
                    "[...]Why don't you just go sail back home on your boat back to your own country and eat your cheese and drink your milk!You F***** Racist Bitch! You pale faces always think you can push us around with your stupid rules!" and on and on she went.

But I was still stuck on which country is THAT?
                    Taking a wild guess, I'd say either France or the Netherlands ("l'autre pays du fromage", as we call it here).
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I love seeing the racism card flipped over.

As in, when a manager went off on how all white men are racist, and my reaction was: "Wait a minute: you're making assumptions about what I think based solely upon the color of my skin, and I'm the one who's racist?"

Comment

Bet she hates black people too.

Comment

Aren't genetics funny? My aunt is 1/2 Japanese but out of her three kids the first has Asian features but fair skin, blond hair and blue eyes, the second has more European features but dark skin, hair and eyes and the third is fair skinned with dark hair and eyes.

Playing to stereotypes and racism is power for the powerless 'cause they don't know how else to get it.
                          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth clod75 View Post
                            "go sail back home on your boat back to your own country and eat your cheese and drink your milk!"
                            Uh. Umm....okay.

Silly people! Tantrums are for kids!

and welcome to this fun community!
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
                              Aren't genetics funny? My aunt is 1/2 Japanese but out of her three kids the first has Asian features but fair skin, blond hair and blue eyes, the second has more European features but dark skin, hair and eyes and the third is fair skinned with dark hair and eyes.

Playing to stereotypes and racism is power for the powerless 'cause they don't know how else to get it.
                              I know. I'm 1/2 chinese. my eldest has the features but with an olive skin tone. my youngest has light grey eyes and light brown hair(with natural blond highlights). I really confuse people when I tell them both take after my side of my family. my eldest looks my brother while my youngest looks like my father.

Comment

Working...
                              X