This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a better understanding

Guest: (very nasally voice which I hate) Yea Dave, I want to know where this villa is located

Me: It is just past the second security gate on the island

Guest: well what do you mean when you say the second gate?

Me: there are two gates on the island, this is just past the second one

Guest: Ok I am confused...what surrounds the property?

Me: it is a lagoon view

Guest: I dont understand what that means, a lagoon view, that tells me nothing....I need you to slow down and be more expansive in your description

Me: It sits right next to a lagoon, ma'am

Guest: well I dont understand.......I mean does it sit directly on the lagoon or does it face it at an angle, I just dont understand....are there houses next to it? How far apart are they?

Me: I know it faces the lagoon. I think it faces it directly

Guest: you think? you mean you dont know?

Me: I have never been asked that before

Guest: I find that hard to believe

Me: what can I say?

Guest: You know you're not being very helpful. Can I talk to someone else who can give me a better sense of the geography because I just dont feel confident talking to you. I dont think you know what you're talking about.

She talked to the only other person who has been there longer than me and complained about me

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
    Me: It is just past the second security gate on the island

Guest: well what do you mean when you say the second gate?

Me: there are two gates on the island, this is just past the second one
    Why is that woman even worrying about seeing anything regarding that lagoon view since she has been hit by the blindingly obvious?

I can understand her confusion as to what is meant by "lagoon view" as I have rented properties with "beach views" that translated into a small space between two other buildings through which I could see a little bit of beach if I stretched my neck out over the balcony railing and turned my head.
    Last edited by South Texan; 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

What kind of deadly scum rent from your company? I mean, have these people never heard of walking?
      Me, if I want to know what something is like, I walk my ass over there and have a peek, I don't call the front desk and ask for a mental map.
      Ugh. People boggle my mind.

Comment

Guest: (very nasally voice which I hate) Yea Dave, I need to take a shit and I want to know where my asshole is located

Me: It is just past the first cheek behind you

Guest: well what do you mean when you say 1st cheek?

Me: there are two cheeks on your backside, this is just past the 1st one

Guest: Ok I am confused...what surrounds the asshole?

Me: it is surrounded by an idiot with a narrow view

Translated for your convenience
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Bwahahaha!
          "Damn, I'm good!"-Dr. Who

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            Thank you, you have bought warmth to an otherwise cold day!
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Me: it is a lagoon view

Guest: I dont understand what that means, a lagoon view, that tells me nothing....I need you to slow down and be more expansive in your description
              Well, basically in the event of a tidal wave or tsunami, your whinny bitching ass will be one of the first to get swept away, while the folks who do not have a lagoon view will perish a tenth of a second after you.

God you get some paint chip eating fools at your resort. How do you avoid beating them to death with a frozen bag of twinkies...Oh yeah, I forgot, the whole phone thing...
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                God you get some paint chip eating fools at your resort. How do you avoid beating them to death with a frozen bag of twinkies...Oh yeah, I forgot, the whole phone thing...
                What, he beats them to death with the phone? That's dedication!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I just find it disconcerting when a brain-dead idiot spouts off things like

Quoth sc
                  expansive in your description
                  and

Quoth sc
                  better sense of geography
                  All I can think is that somebody wasted a million dollar education on a two cent brain.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Guest: You know you're not being very helpful. Can I talk to someone else who can give me a better sense of the geography because I just dont feel confident talking to you. I dont think you know what you're talking about.
                    Yes, it's called google maps. Click on Satellite view. Good day, ma'am!

I was talking to my boyfriend about what he'd want to do for vacation and he was saying, 'oh, i'd like to rent a house on an island somewhere' and I related some of your horror stories - are all island-goers that rude? I wouldn't want to run into any of them on my vacation...
                    Last edited by bloodrose; 08-14-2008, 11:09 PM. Reason: Clipped Quote
                    Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

This is where you ask for an e-mail address and then send them a link to the satilite view from maps.google.com.

But even then people would go "but that's not enough information. I need to know how manf grains of sand are on my beach" or some dumbass shit.

M
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Google Earth much? Seriously, if she wanted such a good visual of it she could've gone on Google Maps for that too. VRS, I wonder how you can go day to day with these soul sucking asshats without wanting to beat the crap outta them with or worse.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                        X