This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world.....

I just ran over to 7/11 a little while ago ( I know I know...but I had a sudden craving for raspberry sherbert, even if it was 11:30pm ). Now, I've discovered over the years in Vancouver that nothing good EVER comes from making a run to 7/11 after 10pm anywhere in the city. Without fail something seems to happen every time I make a late night run. I could fill a few pages with the stories. ><

So I'm at the counter getting my stuff ringed up and this grubby unshaven guy in a hooded sweatshirt comes in. With the hood up obviously. Because nothing in the world screams SUSPICIOUS like a guy that keeps his hood up and his hands in the front pocket of his hooded swear after walking into a store. Especially when its not raining outside and its a balmy summer night.

Anyway, he wandered around for a bit then went for the door. Now, NO ONE bothers to go to 7/11 at 11:30pm to not buy anything. So he has shoplifter written all over him. The clerk yells at him to stop and the guy turns around and holds up an empty Big Gulp and says, and I quote:

"Mmmfghgar CRAZY CUP~!" and holds it up like a caveman thats just discovered fire. Then he turns around and leaves.

The clerk wisely doesn't follow, because frankly its not worth a 35 cent plastic cup to go outside and confront whatever insane reality that guy was living in.

Worst part? I left shortly after and saw the guy go back to his place in the apartment building directly next door to 7/11.

I guess he *really* needed a cup?

Heh, the 7-11s in Windsor are the same way. I've never been in one after 9 (For the obvious reason), but they're veritable freak shows in the evening. I'd never wayt to work there.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

:shaking head: Well, at least it wasn't an armed robbery of a cup...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Because nothing in the world screams SUSPICIOUS like a guy that keeps his hood up and his hands in the front pocket of his hooded swear after walking into a store.
        No kidding. These two punks come in today with black hoodies (hoods up) and automatically nailed suspicious by several of our staff. I caught one of them stealing a CD. Stupid moron first tried to say he didn't steal it, but found it and put it on the shelf. I told him I saw him hiding the wrapper. He then tries to blame his buddy. I hand him off to a passing manager who got the CD from him in 2 mins.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I used to work nights in a 7-11 (small town, and the police kept a pretty good eye on the place), about 15 years ago.

I wouldn't do it again. The world's gotten to be a more violent place in that time.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
          X