This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Application

So at my store we have a store run credit card. Basically its only usable through our chain of stores and afiliates. (excuse my spelling got up late for clas only to have it canceled so im still half asleep and on a laptop) Also this offrs a huge bonus to our own store as all money made from the credit in turn goes to our store.Also when one signs up for a credit card they get 10% off most purchases that day so we get lots of cheap people signing up for one.

Anyways anyone can ask for a credit card as long as they are over 18. They are easy enough o do, but like anythin its only easy once you know how. Unfortunatly sometimes the application doesnt go through.....From that point on I cant do anything as there can be a number of reasons the card may be rejected. All i can do is give them the number of the office and they can inquire as to why

Story time

NG: New guy (cool kid)
    SC: Sucky Customer (not a cool guy)
    Me: The Coolest

NG: Hey Eric can yah run this credit card application through for me I havent done one before.
    Me: Sure *notices NG has already gotten the SC to fill out paperwork*
    *runs through the ropes with NG on the till*
    end of credit card app and it comes up declned.....uh oh...
    Me: Im sorry sir it says the credit card application is declined.
    SC: What? Why?
    Me; Any number of reasons, it desnt tell us it just says for one reason or another we cant give you a credit card.
    SC: try again and put in my cellphone number, it will work that way.
    Me: No, it wont.
    SC: try i again.
    go through application again and LO! doesnt work
    Me: im sorry sir there is nothing more i can do. If you go to customer service they ca give you the number for the credit office.
    SC: but i want my credit card.
    etc etc etc.

Sigh* understand he is annoyed but i dont know how many times i can say 'there isnt anything more i can do sir'
    Last edited by Department stores *sigh*; 09-26-2006, 03:59 PM. Reason: oops bad spelling
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

You should've told him the stars weren't alligned right for his application to be approved, no matter how many times certain pieces of info were changed.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Im sorry sir but saturn is blocking neptune at the moment. Maybe sometime this afternoon it will work
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
        Im sorry sir but saturn is blocking neptune at the moment. Maybe sometime this afternoon it will work
        Perhaps you will find your credit card in Uranus at a later date.

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
          **Snicker, snicker, snort**

Maybe they should change the name of that planet to "Urecturm" like Futurama suggested. That'd end that joke forever...

...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
          - Cartman

Comment

Damn it, you beat me to that joke.

But seriously, if he got declined, there was probably a good reason for it. Some people just shouldn't have them.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I hate it when someone comes in, wants to get a cell phone, and then when I run their credit I find they have to pay a deposit. All I see on my little screen is the number of lines they can have and the per line deposit if there is one. That's all. It's not like I'm looking at a copy of this person's credit report and deciding myself if we need a deposit. It never fails that some bad credit yahoo will get all self-righteous and say, "You tell me what's on my credit that's so bad." or "Why do I have to pay a deposit?" Even if I cared, I couldn't find out. And I don't care. So stop asking. Your credit sucks, and if you don't know why why should I? Grrr...
              Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Instant Gratification

Not so long ago when I worked at Marshall's, I had a winner come up to the counter to pay for her stuff, and, while I rang up her items, she noticed the applications for a charge card our company issued. These applications are to be filled out and the customer mails it in.
                She filled out one of the applications, handed it to me, and asked if she should come back a little later for her card.
                Apparently she thought we issued them right on the spot.
                When I explained to her that she had to mail the application in and wait for approval, she seemed to get a little miffed and said, "Well, I was expecting to use it today!"

Funny. I couldn't see any visible lobotomy scars on her...
                ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

That gave me a whole new disgusting mental picture for how that card would be "swiped".
                  "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                  .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                    She filled out one of the applications, handed it to me, and asked if she should come back a little later for her card.
                    Apparently she thought we issued them right on the spot.
                    That one's actually not so far-fetched. There are a few places that will do just that -- fill out an application, the employee runs it, and if approved, you have a line of credit that can be used right then and there. I did that at Circuit City and the local furniture store when I needed to get stuff for my newly finished basement. Granted, you don't get the actual card until it arrives in the mail sometime later, but you still have a useable line of credit within minutes.

Still, she's an idiot for getting pissy with you about it. Not like you could do anything about it.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Mental Pictures

Quoth South Texan View Post
                      That gave me a whole new disgusting mental picture for how that card would be "swiped".
                      Er...shouldn't that be "wiped"?
                      (Couldn't resist.)
                      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

In New Zealand we have a law called the privacy act, which basically means that we cannot give out private information to other companies without consent. It also means that credit companies cannot give us specific information when a customer is declined.

Even so, we still get people who demand to know why they have not been approved. (some people so crave approval!) They can be quite testy at times.

how do you think they would react if we said something like "I'm sorry but the finance company has rejected your application on the grounds that you are a complete moron incapable of even the simple arithmatic involved in budgeting. It doesn't help that your weekly income is lower than your IQ."

(this is one of those fantasy conversations.....I'd just like one day with no consequences!)
                        Sorry, but a failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!

Comment

Quoth appliance god View Post
                          ...credit companies cannot give us specific information when a customer is declined...
                          Even so, we still get people who demand to know why they have not been approved.
                          Can we all close our eyes for a moment and imagine the dizzy heights of SC tantrum-ness that would be reached if people WERE told the reasons for cards being declined?
                          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
                            Can we all close our eyes for a moment and imagine the dizzy heights of SC tantrum-ness that would be reached if people WERE told the reasons for cards being declined?
                            They they would start crying and moaning that whatever the reason was is BS and that their payment got lost in the mail or they simply forgot to make it and demand yet again that we give them their card.

One of the worst jobs I can think of to have is be one of those people that has to call delinquent credit accounts to try and get them to pay up.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                              Damn it, you beat me to that joke.

But seriously, if he got declined, there was probably a good reason for it. Some people just shouldn't have them.
                              Actually Mike, if he found his card in "His-anus" at a later date, there would probably be good reason for that, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X