This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammer alert!

Today, a girl tried to go thru my till with a load of nappies and baby wipes with reduced stickers on. Said stickers, to my suspicious mind, looked as tho they had been peeled off other merchandise, soaked in water and stuck on the nappies etc. Now since nappies and baby wipes hardly ever end up on the reduced pile, unless you're talking about a pack that was mangled in transit, I was immediately suspicious.

I pressed the button to summon a supervisor, after explaining the situation to the girl. Said girl then said, "Oh, I don't have time to wait, I'll just go" and took off, leaving all the nappies etc behind. The scammer was offically recognised as one when the supervisor appeared and confirmed my suspicions; namely, that the nappies and wipes definitely were not reduced and the girl had been trying to scam me. She also congratulated me on my actions. ^^
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

*pats LaceNeilSinger on the back*

Well done! Not as good a story as if, say, you ran her down into the car park and drop-tackled her into a semi-compact, but...well-done, nonetheless!

EDIT: Anyone have a "tongue in cheek" smiley I could borrow?
    Last edited by PuckishOne; 09-26-2006, 11:50 PM. Reason: to emphasize the tongue placed firmly in cheek
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I figured that if she was so desperate as to try to scam nappies, she probably had enough to deal with already.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Generally speaking scammers are sunday-thieves, not violently people. But chasing after someone who had the intention of commiting fraud can be dangerous and not worth it. Don't push her to do it.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I couldn't in any case... I'm trapped behind my till for the duration of the evening. Anyway, I never chase thieves or scammers, for that very reason.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Well, diapers ARE expensive...

Honestly, she really thought she'd get away with that? She should've at least said that she found them on the shelf that way, when talking to a supervisory type...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X