This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The object of his affections.

We have a customer who rings up on a regular basis to ask us to save magazines for him. It is worth mentioning that he is happily married with 5 kids between 6 and 18.

Initially when he would ring he would thank us and say how helpful we are. Over the last 5 or 6 years this has evolved through calling me young lad, love and petal.

Recently things have taken a rather worrying turn - he has taken to addressing me as Little Flower. I can thing of few people less suited to the nickname Little Flower than me. When he rings he now asks specifically if am here. If not he hangs up and rings back later. He has been known to ring up to six times in a day to get hold of me.

On friday the phone rang.

Me: Good afternoon Boggles The Newsagent
    SC: Good afternoon my little, handsome sexpot.

Luckily for me the boss has agreed that this has gone way too far now and is going to have a word with him on monday when he comes to collect his order. I have suggested the words i would use but the boss feels he can be slightly more tactful.
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

What a creeper! I'd be slamming the phone down on him after that line.

Comment

perfectly good reason to deny him service
      and refer him to a counselor... or the police if he continues.

slightly off topic - it reminds me of King Missile's song "Gay / Not Gay"....
      "I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys - they don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know they're gay. They f**k my shit right up."

good luck

Comment

Speaking as a gay man, I have to say that is too gay even for me.
        I'd ask the cops if they've dug up the ground under his house for bodies.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I once had someone hit on me at work, which I thought was creepy, but nowhere near that bad, though! Hopefully this situation gets resolved quickly!
          Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
            Recently things have taken a rather worrying turn - he has taken to addressing me as Little Flower. When he rings he now asks specifically if am here. If not he hangs up and rings back later. He has been known to ring up to six times in a day to get hold of me.

On friday the phone rang.

Me: Good afternoon Boggles The Newsagent
            SC: Good afternoon my little, handsome sexpot.

Luckily for me the boss has agreed that this has gone way too far now and is going to have a word with him on monday when he comes to collect his order.
            Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner for the Creepy Ass Wierdo of the year award. I'm still at what he said to you, but I'm glad your boss is gonna take action with Creepy Mc Creep's behavior.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Speaking as a gay man, I have to say that is too gay even for me.
              Too gay for Sheldon? Wow... I didn't know that's possible...

back on topic, Yeah, that's really really really creepy. I hope something comes out of your manager talking to him when he comes in. Something needs to be done before it escalates further, into something terribly wrong.
              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

That is just fucked up. It's inappropriate for them to go with the "hon" and "love" and whatnot but still within some limit. Sexpot is into creepy stalker harrassment territory. I certainly hope your boss takes care of this. If you don't get an apology and a promise to stop, take matters into your own hands, as tactfully as you see fit. If your boss has a problem, mention how this is creating a hostile work environment for you and it has to stop.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

I that happened to me I would say "I am terminating this call. Bye" and hang up.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner for the Creepy Ass Wierdo of the year award.
                    I agree, I second the Creepy Ass Weirdo of the year award nomination

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                    Too gay for Sheldon? Wow... I didn't know that's possible...
                    hmm, I agree... which means I MUST share this with my roommate... he considers flag team to be borderline too gay (yet he thinks Johny McGovern is funny beyond belief )
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Customers at the hobbyshop call me "kitty", but that's my own fault for wearing a hat with ears on it(and being the only girl here..not really my fault though). Kids think it's cool and it throws the adults for a loop.

I can see how being called "petal" and "little flower" would get under your skin. If that's you in your user pic, cute names like that don't spring to my mind when I look at you.

And sexpot? I'm happy to say that none of my customers have ever been that bold. But that's probably because my boyfriend is the one that fixes their RC cars. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, ya know?

Yep, you need to tell him that you don't appreciate the sexual harrassment.
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I would have died laughing.

Then freaked.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Sexpot...

Hear that noise? It was the sound of me shuddering.
                          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

He could'a been called "Sexy Pants"

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Hey ... the man has good tas... nah.. I'll leave this one alone...

Comment

Working...
                              X