This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sorry Our Credit Card Machine is too Hard for You

Ugh, tonight everyone was in a bad mood. This just pissed me off. Our credit card machine is not that hard. It asks for your zip code, pin, cash back, then approval. Not. That. Hard. Well it was for this genius.

SC: This is too hard. It is too confusing.
    ME: *ignores her whining* Ma'am you need to swip your card again. I think you pressed no for cusomer approval.
    SC: *death glare* I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN! IT IS TOO HARD!!!
    ME: Yes, sorry, but you pressed no-
    SC: FINE! *swips card* ONE. TWO. THREE. FOUR! FOUR QUESTIONS! THAT IS TOO MANY!!!! THEN YOU INCLUDE THE FOUR BEFORE! THAT IS EIGHT! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED! THIS IS BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
    ME: Ma'am, I'm sorry. That is just the way the system is.
    SC: *glares* Well you clearly don't care about your customers.
    ME: *sighs and turns around to next customer*
    SC: *storms off screaming about too many questions*

We have the same exact thing in our store, same lineup and set of questions.
    Almost everyday I'll have people say "There are too many questions!" "They sure make it confusing!" "It sure asks a lot of questions!" "They should make them all the same! But then that would be too easy!"
    Then there are the ones who only read the "Hit enter", and not the rest of it, then are confused as to why it won't do anything. Umm...why would it just tell you to hit enter? There's a little more to it. Try reading!
    And there's a ton of people EVERY DAY who will put in their pin for the zip code, hit enter, and are also confused as to why nothing happens.
    Plus, all the people who do not know their zip code! How can you not know? I understand if you just moved, but every person has not just moved. Do you not ever fill out forms asking your address and ZIP CODE? Half the time I'll do it for them(or skip past it...only American Express cards really HAVE TO enter theirs).
    Especially when they don't pay attention and stop looking at it once they enter their zip code. "Want cash back?" "Oh no.." So I hit "None" then "Yes" to approve it...
    So much frustration(needless frustration!)

Comment

I have to admit that the zip code question annoys me when it also asks for a PIN... but that is not the same as "too hard" just redundant.
      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Sounds exactly like our set up. When it asks for the zip code first people just all of the sudden get stupid and start putting in their pin and then not hitting enter and then trying to redo it when it isn't ready and then......it goes on and on and on. JUST READ THE DAMN DIRECTIONS on the pin pad. It walks you through the whole thing.

Comment

And they could avoid two of them if they choose credit instead of debit.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Everyday someone cannot figure out the ATM. It's not ours, its an outside company and we get bitched at for it being too hard or charging too much.

On a daily basis I have to go outside of my protective cage (hehe) and help some idiot who can't take the time to read the screens. Its NOT hard, it goes step by step but nobody will take the time to SLOW down and read.

My favorite people are the ones who tell me their pin!!! I usually tell them immediately don't EVER tell anybody that number. How they are so trusting is beyond me. I usually turn around when they are typing it in.

Comment

Four, Four questions! AH HA HA HA HA

Comment

The only time I have any difficulties is when the cashier is trying to rush me through, and not letting me read the screen. Yes, I understand there is a line behind me, but I'm still going to READ the screen first. Trying to hurry me up will just get me flustered, and will make me take that much longer. (I usually prefer to pay cash.)
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

If some people have a difficult time with the simple credit/debit machines ... I'd hate to see them on the other side of the counter and dealing with the computers ...
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                    SC: AUUUURGH, NUMBERS!!! *flails*
                    <Bender> "What you got there? Numbers?"
                    </Bender>
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                    X