This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you get when you take...

Classic rock, add with alcohol, and cars? You get The Who and its crazed fans. I like The Who but its always the small group of idiots that seem to be big. I worked what had to be a rowdy show. Inbound wasn't bad at all, very slow except for the idiot who tried to bribe me but it was normal. Outbound was the worse. Working the VIP chains, meaning I can't let anyone through those chains no matter what. Did the drunk Who fans oblige to that? Nope. I had 4 guys get in my face and one guy yell at me for moving a barrel back to where it's supposed to be and tells me that he makes more than I do and that I should let him through, not going to happen. My personal favorite was the guy who called me a name that starts with a "C" and it's more crude than the "C" word you're thinking of just because I told him to turn around of all things. The upside of all this: I told myself that I would post this on this awesome site when I got home from work.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 09-30-2006, 04:53 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
    I had 4 guys get in my face and one guy yell at me for moving a barrel back to where it's supposed to be and tells me that he makes more than I do and that I should let him through, not going to happen.

Did you ask him if he was willing to compare checkstubs? Hey, I hear there's a good hotel in the Deep South that has people looking for others to join in a poker game. Only $500 to get in.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Boy your posts always take me back to my arena days of fun! NOT! The worse part about working in lots at an arena, SCs act tougher when they are behind 2 tons of machinery that could really hurt you if you make them mad enough.

Plenty of folks I worked with got hit in the lot.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Sounds like the gig I went to last week, where I saw at least 5 guys chucked out of the venue for crowdsurfing... right next to a sign forbidding it with a huge diagram of a stick figure crowdsurfing and a red cross over it.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ahh yes, the Who.

Look on the bright side; it wasn't festival seating.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Sounds like the gig I went to last week, where I saw at least 5 guys chucked out of the venue for crowdsurfing... right next to a sign forbidding it with a huge diagram of a stick figure crowdsurfing and a red cross over it.
            We have a sign that clearly says no exit after event, please go towards the building. One guy claimed that he didn't see the sign, I sarcastically pointed him to it and he still plays stupid and says that I should be doing a better job. Yeah right, you're an SC, you're a waste of space.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              Boy your posts always take me back to my arena days of fun! NOT! The worse part about working in lots at an arena, SCs act tougher when they are behind 2 tons of machinery that could really hurt you if you make them mad enough.

Plenty of folks I worked with got hit in the lot.
              Somebody I knew worked in event organisation for a few years. He carried an ASP (extendable baton, like British police carry) with him, and it miraculasluy acted like a de-suckifier. SCs seemed to have an aversion to being hit with a metal stick. One night he was working admission and had to use it on a very drunk entitlement whore who probably would have punched his face in.
              But the most entertaining time was when he worked parking. I was there, planning to attend the event.
              My mate is directing people to places when this carload of people (mum, dad, 3 kids, around 7-13) turns in with about 15 minute to the start of the event, and they take a reserved spot. So my mate (who we shall call Jack) politley asks them to take another spot, as these spaces are reserved for emergency services. What happens? Why, it's way too far to the other spaces. The ambulances can find somewhere else. So Jack threatens to have them towed. SCs pull out, very slowly, and as they pass their mirror deliberatly moves a metre to the right and takes Jack out. Ooh no, bad move. Out comes the asp and a side window dissapears.
              He didn't hear all to much about it, actually.

Sorry if I've threadjacked...
              I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

My husband had to deal with something similar to this. Except take out the drunks and replace them with teeny-boppers and take out the 'Who' and replace them with Christian 'Punk' Rock bands (like 3-4 of them) and he was dealing with a LOT smaller crowed.

My husband had to stand in front of the door leading to backstage. Under no circumstances were anyone to go to backstage. It's suppose to be just the bands backstage. Oh no, teeny-boppers wouldn't have this. Apparently these, 'Christian Punk Rock' bands were the shit (scuse the language) to them. These bands aren't even big, I've never heard of them, let alone locally. But my husband had to deal with 20 or so screaming girls claiming they were so-and-so's girlfriend etc. and they were allowed to go back.

My husband ended up yelling at them and freakin' out 'cause they wouldn't stop. I think they calmed down a little bit after that, but not a whole lot.
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

My 15 year "career" in the parking business was mostly in various parking garages downtown.

In my earlier years, my Company had the contract at what then was our local Horse Race Track. Glad I never worked that. For all the stories I heard about good tips from the drunks that did well on their betting, there were many stories of getting cussed at, and almost runover by the obnoxious drunks that lost a bunch of money.

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                    My husband had to deal with something similar to this. Except take out the drunks and replace them with teeny-boppers and take out the 'Who' and replace them with Christian 'Punk' Rock bands (like 3-4 of them) and he was dealing with a LOT smaller crowed.

My husband had to stand in front of the door leading to backstage. Under no circumstances were anyone to go to backstage. It's suppose to be just the bands backstage. Oh no, teeny-boppers wouldn't have this.
                    Um yeah, cuz they're going to go back there and have a "bible study"

Comment

Working...
                    X