Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, THAT GUY is your Dad? And THATS your mom?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, THAT GUY is your Dad? And THATS your mom?

So LP caught two Girls yesterday shoplifting taking one of those little Kits from a display. So as he and the SM were doing the paperwork, one of the girls is crying profusely. I walk in as the other girl tries to comfort the other and she keeps repeating that "Her father will take care of this."

So when it was time to contact each girls father, the one that was comforting the other and telling the other that her father would be taking care of the problem told us quite boldly who her father was.

LP: Okay, who is your father?
    Girl: He's XXXXXXX XXXXXXX, the Attorney General.
    SM: Please tell me your joking.
    Me: Same here.
    Girl: Nope. He's my father. Call him.

So LP calls him. At work. To discuss the situation. After a few minutes, LP hangs up the phone and looks at the girl.

LP: Your father has authorized me to call the cops and have you formally arrested for shoplifting. He's calling his friend at the Public Defenders office for you.

Now the girl goes into full panic mode.

Girl: WHAT?!?! Oh nononono, gimme the phone, lemme call him.

At this point, the other AM on duty and the SM take the crying girl out of the office and to the receiving area to call her parents. They call her parents and they come by abit later to pick her up. Considering what they stole, we decide to allow her to get off with a written Trespass Warning (meaning she won't be allowed to set foot in any of our stores for a long time lest she risks being arrested for violating said warning.)

Now the other girl is causing a racket in the office as she is pleading with her dad to bail her out of the situation. Me and LP are kinda watching in stunned amusement as she is arguing with her father. Then one of my co-irkers comes in:

Co-worker: Um, someone identifying themselves as coming from the Public Defenders office is at front asking to speak with the Manager.

Turns out Mother is a Public Defender and had come down to fetch "Patty Larceny" up. SM and LP decide to do the trespass warning to her, seeing the item stolen was less than $7.00.

The ultimate insult: Both girls were detained while wearing their Private School Uniforms.

Buwhahahaha...thats so awesome. And major props for the dad. I have a feeling the girl will not be very interested in stealing ever again.

Nothing like putting the fear of god into a kid to change their behavior. I also have a hunch the father just wants his daughter to get a taste of what its like to break the law, thus encourage her to not do that again. She'll get off with community service at the worst, though it would be a good life lesson for her.

Comment

That is beyond awesome!!!!!!! TOTAL PWNAGE!!!!!!!!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Not to mention the horrific PR if the Attorney General were to pull strings for his kid. Good for him, though.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

That is beyond awesome. I love when little spoiled children think "Mommy" or "Daddy" will get them out of anything -- and Mommy and Daddy have spines, common sense and know that kids need to learn lessons.

Way to go Attorney General Daddy!
          Gryffltherclaw: Because who says you have to pick just one?

Proud to have crushes on fictional characters.

Comment

Bwaahaaahaaa!!!

I wonder if the mother ever has to defend anyone who the father charges?
            Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Wow, the maority of parents that were contacted by the Police couldn't have cared less, I don't think we ever received an apology at <Music Shop> nor have they since I left.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post
                Bwaahaaahaaa!!!

I wonder if the mother ever has to defend anyone who the father charges?
                Unfortunately no. Typically they pass that off to someone else, stating "conflict of interest." Same reason physicians don't do procedures on family members.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                  Unfortunately no. Typically they pass that off to someone else, stating "conflict of interest." Same reason physicians don't do procedures on family members.
                  Eh, it's possibly. Being charged by the attorney general is different, since "attorney general" is more of an office, not the personal opinion of said person. I know Public Defenders who go up in court against friends, family members and spouses who are prosecutors. That's not really a conflict of interest. Also, most things the Public Defender would defend would be charged by the State (the District Attorney's office or the equal) so no, there wouldn't be the problem.

Now if the JUDGE is related to one of them, that's a little different.
                  Gryffltherclaw: Because who says you have to pick just one?

Proud to have crushes on fictional characters.

Comment

The Attorney General married a Public Defender. That must make for some interesting "discussions" at home.

Comment

Quoth erasily_ani View Post
                      I love when little spoiled children think "Mommy" or "Daddy" will get them out of anything
                      Maybe I am reading this wrong, but it appears that is exactly what this girl is going think really happened. Mommy, the public defender, showed up and the unrepentant girl walked away with no charges being filed.

Not much of a lesson in my opinion except that Daddy Attorney General will make a big show about "law and order" while Mommy Public Defender will get the charges dropped.
                      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                        Not much of a lesson in my opinion except that Daddy Attorney General will make a big show about "law and order" while Mommy Public Defender will get the charges dropped.
                        Actually, it sounds like the store chose not press more serious charges. I don't think the choice was based on parentage of either girl. A lot of stores will do that for petty thefts, simply because it's not worth their money to send it to court.

Were it my kid, I'd have said 'Call the cops.' too. Even over a $7.00 item. Actually, preferrably over a $7.00 item as the punishment for that (if it does go to court) is essentially a slap on the wrist. Kiddie learns a lesson, but not one that's overly harsh for teenage shenanigans.

Comment

A parent actually PARENTING and not using his authority to try and get his kid off?! Unheard of (at least, on this board)! Bravo.
                          "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

How much you wanna bet this is not the little darling's first time getting caught?

I do like the father's stand though. If you don't teach them, they'll never learn. If it were my kid, I'd give him or her one chance. I'd make things right with the store, assuming they allow me to, let it be known that the next time, they get a trip to the jailhouse.

Eric the Grey
                            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              Not to mention the horrific PR if the Attorney General were to pull strings for his kid. Good for him, though.
                              I bet that's what she was expecting though... Daddy to get her off all charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X