This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will we do then?

Just service checked a call (called our member to ask if their service had arrived) and the truck had not shown up yet. Turns out that the tow truck had run low on transmission fluid and the driver had to go back to the shop to replenish the tranny. Understandable. It happens. Service trucks are not immune to breaking down themselves.

I advised the member that the truck had a minor issue however the driver was on his way and would be about another 20 mins.

SM - stupid member
    Me - glorious dispatcher (what I wish I said)

SM - Well, if he's not there by then, what do we do?
    Me - (You will wait longer.) If he is not there by that time we will call him again and find out what the trouble is.
    SM - Well, I guess that's okay.
    Me - (you guess, no it is okay considering that you can't go anywhere anyway because you are broke down) Don't worry we will stay on top of it, we apologize for the delay.

Maybe I am just a little bitchy today but shit happens and sometimes the trucks take a little longer. It's a be-A-U-tiful freakin' day outside! Find some freakin' flowers and smell them!

I guess I should be grateful that the call didn't take on momentum and turn into one of those that goes a bit like this:

SM - Well, that's not acceptable. Get someone else!
    ME - Well, by the time I call the driver who already has the call, reroute the call to another driver who probably already has a call in his truck it will be even longer than if you just wait for the truck that is already assigned to you. Thank you for your continued patience.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead
Working...
X